Radiator re core

keastygtir

Hi

I have a radtec style (aluminium)intercooler and radiator fitted to my car for a short pipe run. Unfortunatley the rad has started leaking and I need it repaired. I took it to my local place and they said they couldnt repair ali stuff and that I would need a re-core at £385.

Does anyone know a cheaper option for getting this fixed?

Because its not standard size if I dont fix this one I am going to have to remove the intercooler as well. Any advice appreciated

pulsar_stu

Try getting intouch with radtech ;)

the lad who bought my radtech a few years back punctured his rad and the sorted it out for him. it might of been £300 tho. i cant remember.

MarkTurbo

Before you go spending loads of money try this stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-Epoxy-Repair-Stick-Aluminium-New-/260982121095?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cc3bf2287

I damaged one of the water channels in my radiator last week putting the engine back in a couple days before i was due to be racing the car :doh: My mate repaired it using this and despite me having my doubts its held up with no problems, he's repaired the sump on his rally car with it before and said you can even drill and tap it once set its that strong :shock: