Radar Detectors

O

Odin

Whats the best Radar detector then ?, I'm not really interested in spending loads on a sat nav system......

Just one that gives me the location of the static one's and mobil radar sites...

I was looking at the latest snooper, What does everybody else use ?...

Rob

Shaun

Thunder God said:
Whats the best Radar detector then ?, I'm not really interested in spending loads on a sat nav system......

Just one that gives me the location of the static one's and mobil radar sites...

I was looking at the latest snooper, What does everybody else use ?...

Rob
:lol: Thats an easy one Rob,by far the best and cheapest is to stick to the speed limit :lol:

O

Odin

Shaun said:
:lol: Thats an easy one Rob,by far the best and cheapest is to stick to the speed limit :lol:

Well as it happens I do in town ;-) , But out in the country side and motorways I'd like to stop having to worry so much :twisted: .

Rob

GtiR`BoD

Thunder God said:
Well as it happens I do in town ;-) , But out in the country side and motorways I'd like to stop having to worry so much :twisted: .

Rob

you mean your motor does more than 60!........ :peep:

GTiR_Mic

I can get you a Talex System that picks up your general speed and speed cameras.

If anyone is interested I can see how much my mate does them for, sure he done them for £130.00

You could also get the Road Angel 2 or the Road Angel 2 Mini.

Mic

Fazz

Can recommend this one Rob.

http://www.speedcameradefence.com/shop/viewdetails.asp?productID=20

Basically, you don't want a radar detector, you want a laser Jammer.

Not sure your wish list - but a quick run down is as follows:

Gatso's - Radar detector required

Tripods/Guns = Laser Jammer required.

Most police have changed their old guns to new Laser ones which are more reliable and accurate. ( used to use Radar).

However, in many cases by the time you get the alert, the Gatso has you already as they ahve a fair distance/reach.

LAser Jammers work by actually blocking the signal which gives a standard error reading on the gun/tripod. They then have to re-aim to get a nother reading.
The jammer audibly warns you when it is Jamming and you slow down then switch off when nearer the speed limit. If you leave it on it will continuously block any reading.

This is prob the best in radar detector with best range/reviews.

http://www.speedcameradefence.com/shop/viewdetails.asp?productID=8

A Mate uses both of these and has been saved a few times shall we say...

Expensive, but they work.

O

Odin

Fazz said:
A Mate uses both of these and has been saved a few times shall we say...

Expensive, but they work.

Thanks fella 8) , I was pretty :shock: at the price of those little beauty's :lol: :lol: ..

Rob

maz

I've got the road angel classic Rob, and to be honest i think its a piece of pish, it beeps at everything and doesnt shut the hell up. to be honest i dont even know if it would work if a laser was pointed at it. but out of the 'detectors' i think the modern road angels have the longest detection range, so id look at those ones. and they arnt that expensive on ebay either :)

I

Im an egotistical tosser

arent jammers a bit naughty? I thought you could only use the GPS type ones like the Road Angel or Snooper

I use a Snooper and it works fine

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
flat_in_5th said:
arent jammers a bit naughty? I thought you could only use the GPS type ones like the Road Angel or Snooper

I use a Snooper and it works fine

So is speeding but then if you didn't speed then you wouldn't need that Snooper of yours now whould you... ;-)

Rishi

warringtonjack

You shouldnt use the jammers for jamming scummer laser signals! You should only use it for opening and closing your electric gates to your mansion! That is why they are legal to have in your car. ;) If they just happen to have some other welcome effect then so be it. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Fazz

Jammers naughty....

If naughty is the only true defense against these then yes. indeed they are.

Detectors are a bit on off if u ask me... depends on turning bend etc etc and distance...

niklock1

maz said:
I've got the road angel classic Rob, and to be honest i think its a piece of pish, it beeps at everything and doesnt shut the hell up. to be honest i dont even know if it would work if a laser was pointed at it. but out of the 'detectors' i think the modern road angels have the longest detection range, so id look at those ones. and they arnt that expensive on ebay either :)

The road angel 2 can be adjusted to pick up at a required distance,it alerts to black spots, and to schools, it also dose mobile camaras, you can erase too if you want. i think by the time it picks up a laser gun being pointed at you its too late though. you will be surprised how far out ya speedo is too. My other half has got a deal with the camara people on her site so they tell us where the camaras are gonna be each week anyway lol