rad to big

rossdj1983

after putting on my 3071 with 4" inlet and tubular manifold i have just realised that it sits half way into the rad:doh: . im thinking of getting a smaller one from another car, im wondering if anyone elase has done this? if so are there any cooling issues with it?

T

Trust-R

i have seen it done before, cooling issues if the radiator is too small but you could get an uprated koyo or fluidyne radiator which is more efficeint and is not as big as your current radiator

P

pulsarboby

it will fit with the uprated rad, as stu (dooie pop pop) has one fitted which ive seen!
it is smaller and fits a treat. might be worth sending him a pm and ask him what make it was and where he got it!

Boooooost

Hi mate if youre stuck you could try AH fabrications in Rotherwas on the Thorn eatate they made my rad and fans to fit around the turbo no problems with overheating at all. Ask for Lars.
Matt

MORF114

a 2000 onwars astra has the inlet and outlet on the same side im going to be putting one in mine soon to give me more room between my ext gate and rad. it is smaller just dont know 100% yet if it will fit ill check sizes on monday to know for sure. :-D

MORF114

ones of a civic are quite small the civic ones 92 shape i think are very small and are half size very good to put into small places a guy in works mate put one in his car (because of bigger turbo and no space) and doesnt get cooling issues he might not be driving it hard enough though. weather is hotter here than uk aswell. shizer just looked online to make sure my mind wasnt playing tricks on me and ones online for astra the inlet outlet are other way round ill check on monday in work just incase the picture is mirrord. (hope so :doh: )!!

Boooooost

If you speak to Lars it's no too dear ;) and the quality is spot on also if it made specifically for your car you know it will fit and and be the correct capacity.
Matt

MORF114

Checked today in work remembered !! the sides are the same for inlet and return on a 2005 astra (not the AH shape astra) ill try and remember to get some sizes!!