R got broken into last night.

warringtonjack

The R lasted all of 3 weeks in Swansea before it got broken into. I forgot how much I love this town. :(

They smashed the passenger window, and must have spent a while smashing fook out of my dash to try and get the stereo. I screwed it in behind the dash so there was no way they were gonna get it out. In the end they just smashed it to bits, along with the heater controls, the dash surround, the ashtray(???), and the centre vents. What they didnt touch was the EGT gauge, the boost gauge, the EVC, the Apexi turbo timer or the Apexi RSM. All of which would have come out a lot easier than the bl00dy stereo.

So, if anybody happens to have a spare of the following, i would be most grateful if you could tell me how much you want for them.

- heater controls
- central vents
- ashtray
- heater controls dash surround (including the hazard, demist and blank buttons)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Sorry to hear about your troubles.Ross,AJ4,from the gti-r tech site has some interior bits as he's moving house and the boss has told him to get rid of all his tat :lol:

Damn, sorry to hear about this. Makes my blood boil, senseless damage.

I know Ross doesn't have the stereo/heater surround, 'cos he sold that to my mate. And he doesn't have the centre vents, 'cos I wanted them ;)

P

pulsarboby

sorry to hear that jack, ive got the lot if you need it, you can have the lot for £40 including postage, would normally be a lot more, but not really fair to cash in on your bad luck;-) thieving f****** b@stards

warringtonjack

Cheers lads, its gutting when it happens to you. I've lived all round the country and i've only ever had my car broken into in swansea. :(

Boby, you have pm fella! :thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Thief: uugg uugg! I can't get the stereo out so I’ll smash the dash up in a vain attempt to píss the owner off, because I failed to steal it. :mong:

Sorry to hear about it, have the crime scene chaps been to look for prints?

warringtonjack

Nah, i didnt bother with the police. Just get the stuff and get the car sorted back to driving condition again. I'll probably be able to find out who it was anyway and go and have a quick chat with him. Prob kids who didnt know that any of my gauges are probably worth more than the crap stereo which still had the Jap frequency modulation on it anyway!

By the way, does anybody know how easy it is to replace the window glass? I'm assuming its pretty straight forward? Although I have made those sort of assumptions before and regretted it! Hehe.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
This make me so mad when I read news like this, senseless crime. I feel for you bud :cry:

How come the alarm didn't go off ? the bloody racket that comes out of mine would have made the little f*ckers ears bleed from 5 mtrs away.

Steve

LJ

{jimmys got most of that stuff}
DELETED IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM PLEASE PM 1 OFF THE MODS OVER IT THANKS PETE
A mate of mine may have the bits your after, i'll check with him

Last edited by a moderator:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Sh!t! Swansea is a pretty bad place to get your car damaged (as you now know) D!ckwads.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your car sorted & fixed on the cheap, Good luck Mike

Aimee

MORF114

The passenger window glass is really easy to do all you have to do is take off the door card about 6-8 screws and the backing plate to the mirror this just pops off (cant remember if it comes off before or after door card or if it needs to come off!) unplug the electric window switch unscrew the glass remains from the slider i think from memory its just 2 screws (quite tight sometimes) window has to be up slightly from all the way down to access the screws you'll have to keep the electric window switch attacthed to the plug or the window will not move up or down even from the drivers switch, replace glass and put back together the opposite you pulled apart. very easy job take about half a hour max. Prob quite a bit ive missed but its very easy job and straight forward once its in front of you.

I got broken into last year and im still finding bits of glass around the car after severel valets they fooked my whole dash trying to steal a tach out of it after realising it had wires attacthed they left it dangling!!! so i got a new dash and got it sueded things happen for a reason mine was to find out my alarm didnt work!!!! thieving b@stards.

warringtonjack

Cheers morf. Got another slight problem! The windows dont work at all now. They were getting lazy before the incident but now they just dont do anything. 2 questions, is there a manual way to drop the window runner? and, does this sound like a replacement drivers door control unit from a 4 door uk sunny for around a tenner is in order?

Jonesy

I would imagine you could take 12v from the battery to the window motor and this would drive the motor. It will also let you know if its the control unit or motor thats fooked.