Quick Nismo Strut/Shock Question!

J

Jon T

I'm fitting Koni inserts tomorrow (I hope!), the instructions include cutting certain amounts of the old shock off, but they only give measurements for two types. One type is KYB (Standard I assume) and there's another weird make which I can't remember, different amount of cut though.

I just need to know if possible whether the nismo shock's are essentially the same size(s) as the kyb's?

Thanks if you can help.

zia

hi i have the nismo non adjustables on mine and they do look like standard just grey in colour with 25mm custom springs.

zia

S

Sirnixalot

i have the nismo 4 way adjustable ones and they are blue.....the shock body has KYB stamped on it. I dont think you have to cut the standard shocks to fit these...they look like a direct replacment

zia

have the nismo 4 way adjustable ones and they are blue.....
i presume only damping is adjustable, what it like on the softest setting? i find they are a bit stiff with only lowered 25mm but they do hold well :lol:

zia

S

Sirnixalot

yeah just the dampening is adjustable. I really oculdnt give you andy worthwhile driving impressions as the last i drove it was 15months ago and it was only for 2 weeks :oops:

J

Jon T

I found out in the end, I rubbed the leaked oil off a bit and discovered KYB stamped on them too. (I started the job before I got your posts unfortunately).

So they are just improved KYB's it seems, but I thought that 40mm was a bit excessive to remove from the top.

I couldn't finish the whole job this weekend so now I have the back 35mm lower (new springs too) and the front's standard, looks quite odd.. But the handling is already 20x better!

T

tombola

nismo shocks

hi sirnix i have the blue nismo stamped
shocks but i dont think they r adjustable
how do they adjust ?