Question...

A

Anonymous

If you had the choice to get any brake set you wanted for your gti-r and you ran 16inch wheels. what would you get?

i plan to get this car out onto the track in the future too. but that may not be for a while.

C

Crazy

If money was not a problem then it would defo be A.P 6 pots 8)

O

Odin

Ap 6 pots don't fit under 16's not inless your very very lucky
but I have AP 4 pots and have never had A problem with them
on track days 8) , they work very well indeed and now I have
changed the brake fluid to the mintex blue stuff there even better :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

you see money isnt an issue here. i dont think its even going to cost me money..

what about rotors aswell? i think i can get them also.

i was thinking 4 pots. as six would be pretty big in 16's.

he wants part numbers. but i should be able to work that out.

O

Odin

I'll give you the part number for my 304 mm AP disc's mate I hope
it helps you:wink: .

they are!

2261-572
2261-573

rob

O

Odin

Also if you can get anymore the same cheap let me know :wink: .

rob

J

J-GTi-R

Edd's got a bit of a deal with APs, try him for prices (money mey not be an object, but there's no point paying too much if you don't need to).

You could also try Alcon, you'll find their calipers on a lot of race Porches and they are very, very good.

A

Anonymous

Sorry vpulsar i'm in australia. but i have a good mate who used to work at a brake place. and can get brakes etc.. i just gotta give him part numbers, and let him see what he can get.

all in exchange for a few cases of beer. tho i might throw my mate a few hundred too if i get something good.

O

one Gti-R

I know a guy that is running AP6 pots

he was lucky and got sent 6 pots for the rears as well they must be a bigger disc because his disc's and calipers only just fit under 18 inch rims

A

Anonymous

crikey, well it looks all i can go is 4 pot's as i really would like to keep the wheel size down to 16's and below.