Question about Apexi PowerFC MAF choices

vizi0n

Hi all

I was just looking at my options in the PowerFC and noticed "Super Intake" in the MAF selection. What is this "Super Intake" exactly? Apexi filter with stock MAF readings?

vizi0n

So i should be using the "Super Intake" MAF setting instead of the RNN14 if I have a cone (Apexi Power Intake) filter?

vizi0n

Mine's like that, but I'm installing my Z32 MAF as soon as I get my coupling. I was just curious to know if it would've changed anything to my current running.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The MAF setting is nothing to do with the filter installed. Looking in the PFC through the datalogit, the two MAF's are calibrated differently which means its either a different MAF housing (slightly larger bore) or a different sensor. i've never seen one to comment.

vizi0n

That's why I was asking what this was as I have never seen or found any thing related to that on the net.

stumo

what i posted was bollox, cos i just looked at FC-edit.

Last edited:

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
the "super intake" was just the predecessor to the "power intake"

just guessing here: the different maf settings may be their reference/acknowledgement to the stock airbox being a restrictive design, so when running a pod (or different box design) there is an increased flow...

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Could be some dodgy marketing from Apexi I guess

The calibration settings are 1-4% different across the range so its something and nothing.

It means that setting will give a marginally higher load value than stock for the same MAF voltage and run marginally richer? Bizarre

GTIR-LOZ

that hole in the middle of the filter is designed to increase the amount of airflow being drawn into the filter like a ram effect hence why the values are different to the standard maf