querie

P

pulsarcarl

Hi I'm new to this but got a gti-r at work which I'm buying in a month or so. I've heard that the gear boxes blow pretty quickly...was just wandering if that's true and is there any way of safe proofing the gear box and how?

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Lots of hard 0-60mph launches then you might have problems.

Drive normally and take care of it, you'll be fine and use quality oils

paz

As above, just show it a bit of respect :)

There's loads of gearbox upgrades out there, you can shotpeen, fit a quaiffe etc, but the standard one is upto the job if you just look after it.

Paz

gtirjoey

i say its crap my STANDARD box is holding out lovely plenty of launches down the pod.. always launch it from the lights and im running a rps paddle and its holding over 400 brake i just change the oil every six months or so. so i do wonder what people are doing to make these things brake so often. any gearbox can blow on any car probably just the luck of the draw.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
gtirjoey said:
i say its crap my STANDARD box is holding out lovely plenty of launches down the pod.. always launch it from the lights and im running a rps paddle and its holding over 400 brake i just change the oil every six months or so. so i do wonder what people are doing to make these things brake so often. any gearbox can blow on any car probably just the luck of the draw.
if treated like that it will happen joey, I guarantee it