quaiffe, os giken

davey red.r

well after waiting for 3 month,ive eventually had my quaiffe box and os giken fitted,what a difference massive improvement the pick up on acceleration is awsome compared to standard box ,and im getting quite attached to the aggresive giken ,apart from that metal to metal sound in the flywheel department when you pull off slowly in first gear would recommend the quaiffe, 1800 i paid for box had suicidal tendincies at times thinking how much i had spent on it, now i have it fitted can say its worth every penny 3071r next q45 big injectors and mapped hopefully to 1.4 1.5 bar just thought id let you chaps know if your thinking of quaiffe cheers davey:thumbsup: :-D :-D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
davey red.r said:
well after waiting for 3 month,ive eventually had my quaiffe box and os giken fitted,what a difference massive improvement the pick up on acceleration is awsome compared to standard box ,

How the hell does that work then! A Quaife won't really improve your acceleration over the standard box! :doh:

Rishi

davey red.r

i meant what i had fitted has made a massive improvment to acceleration be it whatever it is box or clutch ?box is much quicker gear change so there for in next gear quicker hence quicker acceleration:doh: and dnt be saying its cause youve got a giken flywheel pick up is faster because i had a 4.8k toda racing one in before and that was good any way all im saying is that the car has drasticly improved on acceleration which in my experience of driving it is a good thing yar;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where did you get the box from?

Like Rishi says, it won't improve acceleration........unless it's a close ratio gearset (like the RB model has)

Is it a twin or single plate OS clutch?

My standard box will change gear as fast as I can slam it in, so yours must have been kaput.

ashills

well u will get a little bit extra power at the wheels due to lower transmission loses of the cut of the gears but doubt you would feel that in the real world

maybe your old clutch was knackered lol

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
My standard box will change gear as fast as I can slam it in
Exactly, just because its a quaife dosent mean it changes gear faster :der: Like fastguy said its only as fast as the person moving the gearstick ;-)

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
Exactly, just because its a quaife dosent mean it changes gear faster :der: Like fastguy said its only as fast as the person moving the gearstick ;-)

The first 4 quaife gears are closer together than the standard box you planks :doh: , So it would indeed feel a little quicker through the gears, 5th is the same as standard though ;-) .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

davey red.r

thank you rob for letting them few un educated girls know that about the first 4 gears, mark turbo have you got a quaiffe if not button it girl and stop licking mods behinds:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
The first 4 gears quaife gears are closer together than the standard box
I thought that was common knowledge.............

The gears are slightly closer together, so in theory it will benefit acceleration, although saying that it's probably marginal.

Dooie Pop Pop

it is marginal but you do notice that when you change gear the revs dont drop as much maybe 900 rpm instead of 1100 iirc. its been so long since i drove with a standard box i cant remember lol.

G

gti-r nutter

Hi mate..
I dont see how you can say that as the standard box can do 180mph . my quaife is in 3rd gear at 60 mph in 4 seconds, There for , a standard box would mean that you are changing gear later... My pulsar only does 147mph, because it is close ratio. Shortshifter would make for a faster shift. Its nothing to do with the driver. We all move our arms the same mate..

MarkTurbo said:

davey red.r

over the moon tony, what a difference it makes mate:thumbsup: after driving it back from steve fergusons immediatly noticed acceleration was much more responsive,and gear change was quicker still putting it in gear the same speed as the standard crap box,:der: gear to gear its there instantly unlike the other transmission, couldnt get the bumper guard on,:sad: the forge frontmount is just to large and to far forward,never mind its open to offers, or going on ebay,hope your enjoying the m regards davey;-)

P

pulsarboby

glad your happy with it davey
will have mine fitted shortly too8)

and once again mate thanks for the toda flywheel, wont forget that when you need some more stuff;-) much appreciated!

davey red.r

nee botha uncle bob,let me know when youve got your quaiffe in and how your driving experience of it is?maybes yours will be quicker through the gears like mine:-o only if you ram it in gear xtra quick :der: they know who they are:oops: tryed parcelflight on net no joy phoning them instead ,so we can get your goodies off to ya .whats your timescale for the quaiffe implant? one will not be dissapointed when the big toothed growler is in. i david would climb a mooooooooooontan for them :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

blocks being bored out this week, so hopefully will start re-assembling it all at end of week, thats assuming my new set of bigend and main bearing shells are in by then!

and addy for them is www.parcelflight.co.uk if no joy there give pesh a pm on this site, hes also very good and reasonable;-)