Quaife Gear Kit!!!

Pete Watson

Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I am in need of some help, if anyone can point me in the right direction i really would be truly grateful!!

Currently my car is in pieces waiting on a Gear Kit, i have been chasing Quaife to try and get a completion date for 1x Gear Kit, they have come back today and told me at least 4 weeks, probably running into May before any Full Gear Kits will be ready.

Apparently they have most of the kit in stock but are waiting to have the Input Shafts made, this takes 4-5 weeks to make 1!!. My car is currently at Hiteq, Ian has told me that he has been waiting for 2x kits to turn up since Nov 04, every month Quaife add another month onto the manufacture time!, I've only been waiting since Feb 15th approx but the thought of having to wait another 6 weeks before any progress really is annoying.

This is not a e-mail knocking Quaife!, it's just a desperate owner trying to get his car back!!.

If anyone can tell me where i might be able to get one sooner i would be very grateful!.

Rgs Pete

A

Anonymous

have you tried in the traders or the for sale section yet?

I

Innovate Performance

Dee brought edds box which he then blew up :x

Pete Watson

I've been looking around but have so far managed nothing. I wouldn't mind it so much if my 'R' wasn't in bits, that's what really p i sses me off, i was all set to have the car back on the road with all the work carried out then i get this problem.

Rgs Pete

JU5TY

EVOGUN said:
I would say forget Quaife and go PPG in Austrialia. They should have it in stock. Just the shipping time is your only wait. www.ppgearbox.com.au

Not heard of Pfitzner Performance Gearbox, anyone running one etc etc?

Bit dubious about performance gearsets from Oz going by past experiences! :lol: :wink:

A

Anonymous

EVOGUN said:
I would say forget Quaife and go PPG in Austrialia. They should have it in stock. Just the shipping time is your only wait. www.ppgearbox.com.au
there have been some right horror stories over the years because people went with overseas manufacturers,especially when it comes to gearsets :wink: :evil: .

my advice would be to stick with quaiffe :shock: if anything does go wrong,you're protected by British law or you could just send the boys round :wink: :lol: bit difficult to send them round if the company happens to be in germany though :wink: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jonesgti_r

The guy who is currently re building my box deals alot with quaiffe I'll pm you his number if you want he might be able to get parts off them quicker

E

Edd

Innovate Performance said:
Dee brought edds box which he then blew up :x
I hope that anger is directed at Quaiffe and not myself as i had the box fully rebuilt and insepcted by a well respected gearbox builder and the sentence could look like you were angry at me :wink:

Pete Watson

Thanks for all your help guys!

I have spoken to Quaife today, they have told me 4 weeks from now, to be honest I want to use the Quaife items as I have used their Diffs in the past and they have always proved to be strong and reliable.

I guess it's just a case of waiting, still while I am waiting it gives me time to look at other things, I'm going to have a go with D2 Coilovers and a 2 point lower brace bar, hopefully this should improve the handling over the Koni set up at I have the mo.

Rgs Pete

I

Innovate Performance

jiw said:
The innovate kit looks good, is this within your budget? jeff
JUST a Quick point for you all we are dealers for PPG (Pfitzner Performance Gearbox) and have all the prices in our forum section.

Edd the anger was not aimed at you mate. or quaife just anoying.