Q45 maf settings

nitrosgti-r

Iv just fitted my Q45 maf and it runs ok with a bit of setting up/mesing around. The only thing that happens now is the revs seem to drop right off and stall before idle. Would this be the ignition timing?

Also i read on here, following a SEARCH that i have to change the in and out setting on my safc from in=05 out=05 to in=02 and out=05, is this right?

Cheers

nitrosgti-r

hey davey, yeah i got the old girl and no i havnt maped the ecu for it yet. Just getting al the bits together and then doing it all under one to0 save me having to get it mapped twice like ;)

Hey GTIR-LOZ i have played around with the in's and out's on the safc and it seems to run better on 5 5? If i put in 2 5 then it even idles rich on my air fuel mixture guage. Havnt booted it on the road like this yet, for obvious reasons.

GTIR-LOZ

sorry it took a while but only just remembered when i got in my r today
here are all my settings

sensor type - hot-wire
in 1 out 5
sensor cal - in 1 out 1

car
cyl 4 thr - arrow pointing top left

hope that helps, if you had the wrong settings it may take a bit to clear if its over fuelled alot maybe even a small run

nitrosgti-r

cheers micra edd for that obviously respect your judgement ;)

Splendid for that gtir-loz i will change my settings and take her out for a mild run this afternoon i think :D

Much apriciated

nitrosgti-r

took it out for a mild run up the motor way and on the setting in=1 out=5 it runs like a bag of poo. Leans off at the top of the rev range and idles rich!! 5 5 seems the best setting as it idels better according to the air/fuel guage and doesnt lean out at the top of the revs. SO anyone reading this for reference following a SEARCH, im taking it to someone who knows about this lol.

Help still apriciated tho......

GTIR-LOZ

well either your sensor is faulty or the other settings are incorrect or you have wired it up wrong, the settings i posted are def correct and have been running them on my car fora year or so now without fault

nitrosgti-r

well its deffo not wired up wrong and i wouldnt have thought it would be faulty or it wouldnt work at all!!? The other settings? The safc is zero'ed appart from the obvious cyl 4 and throttle settings arrown pointing top right.

nitrosgti-r

oh right, ok mate no probs. Thanks for your help tho. Im gonna try and just dis con the safc all together now i think and see what that does??