q45 maf or z32 maf

davey red.r

not sure this is right section,but here goes have a problem bought q45 maf with the intention of getting 550 injectors,that was my plan,but in the meantime ive aquired a daughter board mapped for a z32 maf and 660 injectors ready to install into my standard ecu ,which set up do yous think will be best, or is there not really much difference either way once my quaiffes in with the os giken will be aiming for about 370 to 400 with bigger turbo, not sure which turbo to get yet if i choose the z32 660 set up will have brand new q45 maf still wrapped up, for a straight swap for z32 any advice would be appreciated cheers davey

Braveheart

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny Davey because I to have a Q45 and Z32 either of which I will fit soon. Also, I have 660cc injectors. Maybe you sould pass that daughter board onto me before I fork out a small fortune on an EMS.
If you are still building your spec, it's a bad idea to install a pre mapped daughter board to fit a specific description. I'm guessing you can have the eprom redone to reflect your actual spec or if it's a prom, get a relevant prom burnt and fit your spec.

davey red.r

just been thinking there im going to go for q45 maf 550s, and im buying off paul b 550s and his ecu with daughterboard and i believe racing line halifax can map this, mr wallace if you want the z32 660 daughterboard its there for you mate pm me and weel discuss it cheers davey;-)

J

jpward

I am using a Z32 with S-AFC with no probs and opens up the inlet tract just nice!

PaulB

Davey, I think the best thing is always to map to your car. Even if you took it off an identical specced engine, it wouldnt be ideal.

Matt at the racing line will do a grand job bud, you wont be disapointed.

davey red.r

your right paul mate,be best to get car mapped,at racing line as you are aware the car is in soon as giken arrives,sorry i havnt took the 550s and ecu sooner euros r very tight at min soon as that quaiffe senario is in ill come and relieve you of your 550s nd ecu cheers for advice to you and the other chaps davey;-)

davey red.r

ed, ive heard that off someone else, then someone said theyd be ok for 400 mark? 660s then ed you think mate ,thanks for that.8)

Fusion Ed

Well I can tell you that 700s were not enough on ashills gtir with the 3071. Now using 800s @ 4 bar so equilivent to 1066cc and were getting upto mid 70% on the duration (cant remember exactly) but that's around 800ish cc, although this is well in excess of 400 now.

PaulB

micra ed said:
Well I can tell you that 700s were not enough on ashills gtir with the 3071. Now using 800s @ 4 bar so equilivent to 1066cc and were getting upto mid 70% on the duration (cant remember exactly) but that's around 800ish cc, although this is well in excess of 400 now.
Blimey, Im surprised that its a high as that. My 550s are gettin me 387bhp @93% duty, with 3bar FP. So if it was tweaked a little with an adjustable regulator, you would see 400bhp with 550`s. Evos can get 400bhp no probs with there stock 550cc injectors.

Davey, I also have a set of 680cc injectors which will be of more use to you, I was going to keep them for my next stage, but seeing as i need a box first, im probably a bit early for that.

Let me know when you wanna come over, Im off on holiday next wednesday for a week.

Fusion Ed

Well its in the logs in black and white! I have seen loads of pulsars get 90%+ on 700cc inj on stock fuel pressure reg. Its certainly nothing unusual from my experience, hence why I think anything less is a waste of time, especially if you have a large turbo.

PaulB

Yup, surprised thats all, from my limited experience anyway ;-)

Ive got a set of 680cc for you davey, they be spot on :)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
my Denso 720's are at 96% at 1.7 - 1.8 bar on a 3071 and I must be around the 420 - 430 ish mark I would think

Fusion Ed

Was getting around 90% odd (Ill check in a bit) on an evo today on 1000cc's and it was making 622bhp. This was at 2.15 bar :)

davey red.r

sound paul ill take them instead mate,y you not going to use them like,? you are not thinking of giving up are you?;-)

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
my Denso 720's are at 96% at 1.7 - 1.8 bar on a 3071 and I must be around the 420 - 430 ish mark I would think
That not a little dangerious steve running @ 96 thought 85% was as far as you should take them??

PaulB

no no davey nowt like that. Its just i need a box first and foremost, was kinda thinking of goin for 400bhp+ without the box.......

silly idea I know. Wanting a little bit more for them tho as there bigger, as long as i get what i paid for em davey there yours. Will you be over before next wednesday or after me weeks hols?

PaulB

No bother bud,

Im away again on 1st Aug, out of the country till xmas. So between 25 - 30th July bud :thumbsup:

davey red.r

where you going like to work squire? bet its good euros, that grey r will be getting treat to some goodies when you get back i bet:thumbsup: