Q45 Afm

lilmark

Has anybody used a Q45 air flow meter before i kno its 90mm not like the Z32 which is a 80mm, as they are cheaper on ebay an was wondering if they would make more of a difference

davey red.r

paul b has a one fitted,and i believe his is running fine @380 bhp,
i myself bought one as my plans were to tune to roughly 350 bhp,
but i got greedy, and sold it, awaiting a z32 maf, as they are more tuner friendly,
and are capable of 400+bhp which is what im aiming for:-D
if your looking for 300+ id go for the q45 maf.

davey

warringtonjack

Z32 all the way. Pay that little bit extra now, and you wont have to worry when that urge to upgrade again gets to you! (which it always does! :lol: )

lilmark

Ok so a Z32 it is then im looking at running over the 400 mark an looking more towards the 500

thanks

lilmark

The spec so far is standard apart from a apexi air filter, 3" front pipe an a custom 2.5" exhaust but im in the progress of building an engine with a 2.2 HKS Stroker which will have a side mounted T04e turbo, Front mount intercooler, HKS Cams & Pulleys, 1000cc injectors, Apexi Power FC, Toda Valve guides inlet an exhaust, Cometic head gasket,Quaiffe box

Mr GTiR

Hummmm always thought if you want more power then to use the Q45 as it can shift more air.

btw, I have 2 Q45's sat in my garage ;-)

O

owens

ive been looking at the Q45 just due to the fact that its readily available at a reasonable price, for what reason would tuners have difficulty in mapping when a Q45 is fitted ??

youngsyp

owens said:
ive been looking at the Q45 just due to the fact that its readily available at a reasonable price, for what reason would tuners have difficulty in mapping when a Q45 is fitted ??
Because it's designed for a naturally aspirated engine and not a force induced engine, like the SR20DET.
AS I understand it, it doesn't deal with the volume of air as well and so, can be tricky to map with.
The Z32 is a much better choice for the GTiR tuning...

Why not break the mould and bin the MAF and run a MAP sensor, with AEM or similar management ?

Paul

Fusion Ed

Its not tricky to map, its as easy as any other MAF, the problem is that its internal sensor cannot read as much air flow as the Z32, so regarless of its size once your at about 400bhp the MAF has maxed out its sensor and so cannot work out how much air beyond this is flowing through it. By comparison the Z32 has no problems even upto 460+ bhp. I suspect it will be fine for 500.