put my mind at rest!

sweetyGTIR

Probably a dumb question 2 you guys but iv heard conflictin stories, so il see what you guys think, ive had a APEXI AVCR fitted an also HKS turbo timer is it ok 2 put a dump valve on, will it affect the performance in any way or cause any damage :oops:

GINGA

Make sure you use a twin piston or recirculating dump valve as normal ones can mess about with the fuelling on decceleration and idle causing stalling etc

sypher

SORRY for jumping in here but if i ask now i won't later.... why must u use a twin piston BOV.. i was wanting an hks one what d'you think

sweetyGTIR

Thats what i was worried about ,as GINGA says if its not twin piston or recirculatin valve it can affect feuling on deacceleration or idle, i dont know why but betta safe than sorry :)

GTIR-LOZ

my forge dump valve is single piston, it is fine, i think its cause the bailey single piston is not strong enough to keep the boost from leaking, not sure though

Shaun

:D Its not the boost leaking out,its the air leaking in as it has'nt gone through the maf so it is therefore is un metered :!: Hence fueling probs!I've got a HKS SSBV on mine sounds awsome and the best thing is it went straight on without any setting up :!:

the chief

On a twin piston BOV youve got the main piston that opens. And theres a weak spring underneath it with a flat thing on the bottom covering the hole were the air would come out. So when its idling it doesn't suck air in but when theres boost, the boost forces the flat open[coz the spring is so weak] and out of the BOV.

kyepan

i get a strange noise coming from the DV that was not there before when slowing down hard, does the air leaking in sound like a low pitched farting noise?

is there any way to oil or clean or check the action of the standard DV.. sorry to thread hijac :oops:

the chief

I don't think you can open the standard BOV to clean it. Ive tried and its impossible to open the f@cker. It looks like the top just screws on, but if your tuff enuff :lol: you might be able to undo it. As for the noise a single piston DV will make a slight noise as it sucks the air in when driving. [But no noise whilst at idle] The standard DV should make no noise.

Keira

kyepan said:
is there any way to oil or clean or check the action of the standard DV.. sorry to thread hijac :oops:
If you pay postage i've got a standard one collecting dust somewhere you can have