Pulsar VID of fuel surge at donny

nitrosgti-r

This is a quick tester that i just sorted out today of my car seriously surging around the left hander at donnington park on this bank holiday monday just gone. this was the only run i had when i could hammer it as my exhaust was busted at 100 db on the run past microphone things so i got black flagged and had to come off in the end.

i do have the hole vid etc but its quite long.

Enjoy!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
nitrosgti-r said:
This is a quick tester that i just sorted out today of my car seriously surging around the left hander at donnington park on this bank holiday monday just gone.
Does it pop and bang when exiting the corner?

If so it could have been a fuel pick up issue, what was your fuel level like?

nitrosgti-r

yeah it does it all the time mate. i have to keep the fuel level above half way, or put a pipe between the pump and the filter in the tank so it sits lower in the tank. I just keep it above half if i can.

i just thought id post it up as, although i shouldnt, cos it could kill my car, but i do like it. LOL

noriek2003

whats cool about a video of a gtir suffering a common problem that any gtir without some sort of fuel swirl pot/baffled/sumped tank set up will suffer from ?

or do you like to pretend to yourself its just like antilag....lol

nitrosgti-r

Thanks, no i dont really need to pretend fella cos if i want antilag ill get anti lag sorted but thanks. And i bet its better than yours lol

nitrosgti-r

I dont understand any of your comments to be honest lads? Im not stupid and i know fuel surge is bad so i think you are all missing MY point. No need to be nasty and add to the nastyness of the world, altho you all obviously thrive on it, so if you have nothing nice to say then get lost and go crawl back under you stone and try and hide that smile and get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radleigh

I done a track day in mine, almost standard, runs a bar, fmic, oil cooler, goose and filter...

coming out a bend at a high speed, and it sounded like antilag LOL let off throttle and it went, back on and it came back.. thought something was seriously wrong then i looked at my fuel gauge! LOL

Half empty, and it clicked, fuel surge!:oops:

Will be making up a swirl pot system for my car soon:-D

nitrosgti-r

cool. mines 319 bhp @ 1.1 bar at the mo. Booked in for the final tune on the 17 oct. Looking for 400 bhp + :)

Looking for a swirl pot set up next lol ;)

MINESGTIR

i dont run a swirl pot.. i run over 300bhp and i run my car on less then a quarter tank sometimes and have ner experienced your problem of fuel surge. .... i run a walborogh pump 255 ... you must have installed the pump wrong...

bracpan

I have tried a few things to stop this like foam filling the tank and even making a small baffle plate/box and it has helped, but long left hand corners like in Pembrey and Prescott still have the surge problem and have to run with half a tank....all I can say to Minesgtr is you will probaly never encounter it on the road but on track when your really going for it its a pain in the a**se. ( we are lucky Scoobys have it on right hand bends) I have an idea for a swirlpot/pump etc to fit in the boot and keep the scrutineers happy for next year.
Cheers
Phil

nitrosgti-r

yeah ill second bracpan about surging on the road etc. its a common fault with the walbro pump if you dont sit it as far down the tank as you can. Either that or stick a small pipe on the end of the pump to sit the inlet filter thingy in the tank a little more. Not done it yet (obviously) but i think ill put it on my list, as well as the swirl pot set up.

So whats your idea then bracpan?