Pulsar Gti-r

recaro18

hello, i am new to the site, i am 18 years old and will be 19 in late october, i will be purchasing a pulsar in mid november, i have been researching the cars a lot and know what modifications to do to them ,so was wondering in your experience, what are the best mods in order to keep the engine safe but push it up to 300bhp , any help would be appreciated.
Rich

Ricky_GTi-R

You should be saving for insurance mate, forget mods :lol: I was paying £200 a month to insure my first R at 20, then £760 fully comp for the year when i turned 21. You will be seriously pushed for insurance at 19, unless your willing to bend over and take it like a man :roll:

recaro18

Yes the insurance should be sorted i have had a few quotes for £1500 and some a bit cheaper around £1300 - £1400 mark, would just prefure to hear personal tuning experiences rather than reading up on so many different options, any advise?

recaro18

i got them quotes with companies called sabre, and quote a car, i think its lucky cus i live in a low risk area in mid wales.
i also had a punto gt turbo in my own name with 1 years no claims at £1100, the pulsar will be on 2 years no claims so shouldnt be to bad!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you do a search on the forum, 300bhp is about stage1 ie filter, exhaust, 1-1.2bar (depending on the car) uprated clutch, colder plugs, front mount optional, brakes recommended, fuelling and ignition set up highly recommended.

What cars have you owned so far as we don't want to see a similar thread to this one

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=61143

recaro18

first car just afta passing test was a 1.4 corsa sri prob about 95bhp, then afta a year of not crashing i got a fiat punto 1.4 turbo, chipped k&n, decat, jap backbox, boost controller at 1.2bar, turbo timer, fmic etc was running about 170bhp, i have not worked long and hard and saved even harder to afford a car like this to go stupid speeds and wrap it to the nearest hedge, i understand the power these cars have and have respect for that otherwise i wouldnt be getting one if i knew i was capable of killing myself and others!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's not just the power. 300bhp in a Gtir is going to accelerate you faster than 300bhp in alot of other car. 0-60 in under4 seconds and 0-100 in under 10 is possible. That's supercar territory. It'll make your Punto look very slow.

recaro18

It's not just the speed i'm after but also the looks and the fact that i want to prove to myself and others that i can actually achieve a feat like this as everyone said i would never get a punto at 18 when i did , and now at 19, i saying i'm gettin a pulsar , nobody believes me so i want to get it to show myself what i can achieve powerwise, not just to mess around and go everywhere at full throttle

JIMMYBACK

well good luck dude in getting it all sorted like fast guy said it should be easy enough to get to 300 bhp zorst filter fuel pump boost controller runing 1-1.3 bar.front mount is optional but will elimimate heat soak witch you will hate if that happens.get some piccys up when you get the R

DanDud

filter, full exhaust with decat, 16-17psi, clutch and a fuel pump should see you near the 300bhp mark.

Im 19 mate and trust me the R is a weapon and can be lethal if you cant handle it! The R is the fastest thing iv driven, faster than a jag XK8 and a 350z but treat it with respect. Dont forget to have a fair bit of cash spare as things will break, they are old cars now. Your punto GT will be nothing in comparison! Dont expect good fuel economy either.

Good luck.

rossdj1983

fair play to ya mate, i had an integra type r when i was 19, every1 said i was nuts for gettin it at 19. take my advice when buyin an r-dont get the cheapest one off ebay or such like- i did, and paid the price

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I wouldn't worry about what others think really...

I bought my GTiR at 18...

Rishi

recaro18

ye its what i want and u only live once, theyre relly nice cars and have huge potential when tuned right, ye and like you said get a decent R i will do id rather wait a bit longer for a good example than ruch in and get a cheap one and it break on me all the time!

houghy_1

Sounds like youve got your head screwed on right anyway fella and are pretty clued up.

Yep id agree with the zorst,filter/induction,walbro fuel pump and either a bleed valve(only a suggestion albeit not a good one!)
or better to get an electronic boost controller and maybe something to keep the air fuel mixture right like an apexi s-afc or the like.
Include a clutch somewhere down the line especially if your gonna be podding it;-)

Good luck to you fella8)

Matt

P

purple

If you can afford to buy and live with a pulsar i would defo get one. Iam just turning 20 and iam on my second. Had my first at 18