Pull the other one!

bensmith907

This is a crank pully puller question-I've read a few times about not using a cheap Halfrauds puller to get the crank pully off, but if not the claw style one what is everyone using? Links or if anyone is selling would be useful

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Wasn't it that you shouldn't put bolts through the holes because you just end-up punching a hole in the water pump housing? - I don't really know, but I'm sure I've seen that before so I didin't think it was the "claw" style ones that were the problem.

Gtirchris

Yes, if you are not careful you can put a hole in the front cover if you screw the bolts through the crank pulley and press off of it, but a two legged puller should be all that you need to remove the pulley so long as its not stupid tight on the nose of the crank, I have a specific puller at work that fits into the ribs if you need to borrow it Ben, and I'm not that far from you mate.

bensmith907

Yes, if you are not careful you can put a hole in the front cover if you screw the bolts through the crank pulley and press off of it, but a two legged puller should be all that you need to remove the pulley so long as its not stupid tight on the nose of the crank, I have a specific puller at work that fits into the ribs if you need to borrow it Ben, and I'm not that far from you mate.
Oh right! Where abouts mate there's a few peeps round here with a pulsar now. I should be alright then I have a 3 leg puller ill just use that