Proposed Spec - Uprated CAMS required?

hmmm

Hi,

My spec is listed below (just need to buy an E-Manage Ultimate).

Mongoose exhaust
Air Filter
Turbo XS Dump Valve
Forge Front Mount Intercooler
E-Manage Ultimate with Z32 MAF
Hybrid Turbo (360 Degree Thrust Bearing, Twin Pistons, New Shaft, Larger Compressor Wheel, Uprated Actuator)
Standard Injectors have been flow tested and cleaned
New Standard Nissan Fuel Pressure Regulator
New Nissan Water Pump and Drive Belts
Denso Iridium IK 24 Spark Plugs
Nissan Leads
Uprated Clutch

Koni Inserts with Whiteline Springs
Whiteline adjustable rear anti-roll bar
Uprated brakes and disks

I'll be running 1.1-1.2 bar.

What I want your advice on is, that it is it worth me getting uprated cams at all with this spec? What will the difference be in terms of BHP and torque with and without the cams and how much it will cost me including shimming and fitting?

Many thanks :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
What spec CAMS are you looking at...? Do you know what spec you want to use to make the most out of that setup and the cars use...?

Rishi

hmmm

I'm not sure on what spec to use :oops:. I'll provide the informations and you guys can tell me ;-).

I want the car to be a low lag, quick spooling road car and running around 320-350 bhp. Not interested in big power.

What cams would you recommmend, if any?

Thanks.

F

Fusion Ed

Very true, good compromise. We have GTiR pulsar cams in 260 and 278 degree durations if anyone is interested? Groupbuy? They are billet grinds and RRP 458 a set.

stumo

I'd put the money that you're going to use buying the hybrid turbo and cams towards a better turbo(ie roller brg)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
stumo said:
I'd put the money that you're going to use buying the hybrid turbo and cams towards a better turbo(ie roller brg)
Like a 2871 maybe ;-) :lol:

After my turbo upgrade I'd agree though.

EVOBAD

the strd cams in the pulsar are very good i used the strd 1s in my old 400bhp pulsar just get emange & bigger turbo ul be well away

hmmm

Ok, I guess i'll stick with standard ones then. As for the turbo, i'm only going to be running 320-350 bhp so don't want to spend £1000 on a new turbo. Just isn't worth it :sad:.

For £1000 price, I can nearly get a Hybrid Turbo, E-Manage Ultimate and can get it mapped ;-).

I'll just get an E-manage Ultimate, get it mapped with the Hybrid and be happy:).

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

P

pulsarboby

ive got some hks 264s that i will be putting up for sale shortly!

BUT to be honest with you and anybody on here who may be thinking of buying them, dont bother, as there a waste of time and money and you will get just as good performance from standard cams. unless you go for 272 upwards you wont notice any difference.

i will flog them to some unsuspecting fool on ebay!
any jobs going as a salesman?:lol:

A

AJ4

get some vernier pulleys, the standard cams are pretty good profile wise but can get a lot more power if they are more 'aggresive'.

A

AJ4

from memory I think its advance intake by 2 degrees and retard exhaust by 4 degrees ( or the other way round ).