Prop Shaft centre bearing

abyss

How much would i be in getting this replaced. If anyone can help it would be much appreicated.

Keira

you'd be best off staying well away from nissan, get a propshaft recon place to do it and check balance prior to refitting.

if you're reasonably competent you'd be able to take it all off yourself, it isnt hard...just match mark the flanges at diff and transfer box before removing

Nad

kieron said:
you'd be best off staying well away from nissan, get a propshaft recon place to do it and check balance prior to refitting.

if you're reasonably competent you'd be able to take it all off yourself, it isnt hard...just match mark the flanges at diff and transfer box before removing
Now u tell me 2 yrs after i have taken mine off......

Nad

Keira

:lol:

are you telling us all you didn't mark the flanges nad :oops: ???

wouldn't worry mate :wink: , i took mine off the car, then took it completely to pieces so its now in 3 parts and then decided it might've been a good idea to mark it so it went back together exactly as it came apart :oops:

manual states to match mark at transfer box and diff

i'm not worried...theres a place in bexley that will put it all back together and rebalance for next to nothing 8)

MarkTurbo

I've never had my prop off at the rear diff end, but its been off plenty of times at the transferbox end and i've never bothered marking it :wink:

Cant see that it makes any differance personally :mrgreen:

Keira

its all to do with run out or something apparently :roll:

cant say i've ever had any bother, but if it goes back on how it came off it cant be wrong if you then get another problem that wasn't there before :wink: