problems after visiting memski motorsport international...

andygtir

after getting a well known forum member, who will remain nameless :lol: :wink: to fit my avcr and safcII i've had a couple of probs.

the fitting went really well no problems there excet getting the damn ecu back into position (after taking it back out when one of the solders broke :roll: )

we went for a drive and boost was set at 1 bar, obviously :roll: :twisted: but three things happened:

i was getting a boost leak at 1 bar but none at 0.8 bar, it still accelerates at 1bar but seems to struggle to rev and is losing boost, we put this down to the old hks super blow off valve not being able to cope with 1 bar...but its fine at 0.8, as theres a hissing noise coming from the dump valve area. i think a new bov would be best, after checking all the hoses again.

second was that the knock sensor isnt reading on the safc, theres a voltage...and i've been assured that the correct wire was spliced :wink: :roll: . i had the sensor replaced by abbey a few months ago, so i know that its working :?: :?: :?:

most worrying though is that when we went for a drive the car starting missing badly, jolting and kangarooing, and even stalled once at idle. it didnt really want to accelerate, and then the engine check light came on.

did a fault code check and it came up 21, ignition siginal.

so made our way back slowly and then it suddenly cleared up and was fine, went for an extended run and no problems :?: any ideas what would cause that sort of fault???

thats about it :roll:

oh and a big thanks to memhet for giving up his saturday :D :D :D

Keira

Did you splice or solder the connections when you joint the apexi stuff up,

could be a dodgy connection if you used those sh!te things that come with the avcr/safcII.

You might have pulled one loose when you stuffed the ecu back in.

Mine didn't register knock at first, was a good 30mins after we'd finished and were charging up and down mikes scary test road setting up the avcr.

M

memski

You git, blew a mate out so I could fit those to your car :roll:

Both still working ok? No idea about the knock sensor, double checked the wiring for each wire I soldered.... I put the kangarooing down to the plug problem you mentioned earlier - has it happened today at all?

Cheers :cry:

andygtir

the wires were all soldered in, but is there another way to check that the knock sensor circuit is working because the safc is registering a voltage?

its been running like a dream today, no hesitation at all...seen the odd spike to 0.9bar though :twisted:

thanks again mate :D