Problem when hard on accelerator????

antgtir

Ok, this morning the car was fine accelerated great as normal, i had a 3/4 hr trip on the motorway max come to go home and when i hit the gas harder than normal driving the car makes a burbling noise like the scoobaru and lacks power.

My first thoughts was electrics, i haven't looked at it yet but just wanted some feedback from you lot before i start tearing the thing apart tom.

Jobs i am going to do tom: -

1) Take plugs out and see if any are broken down i.e. cracked or fuely.
2) Check leads.
3) Check distributor.
4) Check rotor arm.

If anyone has had this prob before or thinks they know what it may be then please let me know, fingers crossed it will be somethin simple.................*reminds myself to pray tonight :roll: * your help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Ant. :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It sounds like you aren't running on all 4.
What boost are you running? You may need to close the gap up on the plugs slightly if you're running more than standard.

antgtir

Fastguy: Im running only standard boost, the car is totally standard apart from a mongoose exhaust and a sard dv.

It certainly feels like a miss fire when i push harder on the accelerator :?

A while ago when i first got the car i had a prob with one of the elec connectors, it had been snapped and so with vibration it came away from the connector, i sorted this and revisited this tonight to see if it was that again but its secure, it was the same kind of feeling :?

Im not sure whether it will be a plug or lead as i thought that this would normally happen throughout the running, however i have not changed the plugs or leads since ive had the car and thats over a year now.

Ant.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It might be worth checking the connector is making contact as well as looking secure, possibly a wire has broke inside it :?
Failing that it may be time to change your plug/leads etc, if they've been on much longer than a year (although standard plugs are good for 60000miles according to Nissan)

antgtir

Cheers mate i will give it a good luck tom, hopefully it wont be peeing it down lol, and there's me thinking ive got a nice relaxing weekend ahead lol, fingers crossed its just a broken down plug or lead.

Do you have any idea on the cost of these from Nissan?

Ant.

rayman75

i had the exact same prob, i check ht leads, dizzy, then sparkies and found 3 of them was loose hand tight, took them out give them a clean put them back in, it ran like a charm.

antgtir

rayman75 said:
i had the exact same prob, i check ht leads, dizzy, then sparkies and found 3 of them was loose hand tight, took them out give them a clean put them back in, it ran like a charm.
Just on with that now, the first plug as usual is wet i.e. water in from the top, even tho ive got the vent covers on and have done for the whole winter :roll:

Just gonna take them out and clean them up good and proper and re gap them, thats why im back on now, i think its 0.8/0.9 but not entirely sure.

Am gonna take the dizzy etc off and see if i can make good that too, may as well while im on with the job, see what happens after that.

Cheers, Ant. :wink:

antgtir

Just to let people know, im getting leads plugs dizzy cap and rotor arm tom so hopefully this will be the end of the little stutter, fingers crossed.

Ant. :?

paz

Good luck fella. Just had a couple of small problems diagnosed with mine as well :roll:

Paz

Stevo

i get this now and then and replaced all you listed.
i bet you its the coil pack unit.
get it replaced i have faith that will cure ur probs.

P

PaddyPower

I had this. Changed the plugs. Dont get it very often now and presume when i change the leads it will dissapear completely?

J

jiw

if you need a coil mate i have a good one with a new lead here, let me know if you do before i pop it on ebay, hope you get the problem sorted, jeff

antgtir

jiw said:
if you need a coil mate i have a good one with a new lead here, let me know if you do before i pop it on ebay, hope you get the problem sorted, jeff
Cheers mate, ill let you know if this little lot doesn't work. Tbh i would have had to do it anyway as ive not done it on this R and ive had it over a year now lol. Ill pm you if i need it, what price are you asking?? pm if you like, cheers.

Ant. :D

antgtir

PaddyPower said:
I had this. Changed the plugs. Dont get it very often now and presume when i change the leads it will dissapear completely?
Thats what im hoping for, the prob to be gone completely, i hate little niggly things like this grrr lol. Im hoping its just either a lead or a plug thats broken down with the heat, i know this isnt an uncommon thing with these cars.

Ant.