Probably a daft question

paz

On the R oil dipstick theres a few different markings and lines (some cross slashes, a couple of bends, a couple of lines).

Can someone tell me which of these lines is the optimum level for oil? :oops:

Cheers

Paz

A

AZ STE

Horizontal line on the top of the crosshatching, think the bends are to give it strength ie doesnt whip around and catch on something it shouldnt :wink:

paz

AZ STE said:
Horizontal line on the top of the crosshatching, think the bends are to give it strength ie doesnt whip around and catch on something it shouldnt :wink:
Ta very much fella, was expecting to get the piss ripped for asking that :lol:

paz

Curtis

Yes top of the crosshatching is the MAX level.
The bends are to stop it touching the sides as you pull it out to take the reading! Ooer :oops:

paz

Curtis said:
Yes top of the crosshatching is the MAX level.
The bends are to stop it touching the sides as you pull it out to take the reading! Ooer :oops:
:lol: cheers buddy, so from that I'm guessing that the bottom of the cross hatching is the minimum level?

paz

antgtir

Alright mate, whatever you do dont over fill your car with oil, or else youll be looking for a new turbo, blows seals and alsorts, err, *shivers at the thought* :wink:

paz

antgtir said:
Alright mate, whatever you do dont over fill your car with oil, or else youll be looking for a new turbo, blows seals and alsorts, err, *shivers at the thought* :wink:
Howdo fella. Cheers for the info ;)

paz

antgtir

paz said:
antgtir said:
Howdo fella. Cheers for the info ;)

paz
No prob's mate, oh yeh, shell oil always say that the optimum for a cars level is right in the middle of max and min.

Now whether this is true for the GTiR im not 100% sure, if needs be id ask Nissan. To be honest tho i fill mine to the max lol :D