Primera misfire!

Matt Evans

Hi all! I've been trying for weeks now to find the problem with my mothers 'K' reg. Primera. Its a 2.0 single point injection, and its running like a bag of poo! It used to start playing up after it warmed up. It would splutter and not rev, and I found the more I tried to floor it the less it would want to go. If I took my foot off the throttle a little and feathered it lightly it would try to go but the revs would just climb then drop-off constantly. The problem has now got so bad that it does it more or less all the time, warm or cold. If I try to hold the revs at say 3k, the needle tries to get there then drops off again, then back up, then back down etc. Plus if I try and put my foot to the floor it'll only rev to about 3k, but if I pump the throttle lightly it'll gradually make its way higher, albeit still fluxuating badly.

I ran a fault code and it came up with 21, ignition signal circuit. Its had new plugs, leads are fairly new and are fine, cap and rotor arm are fairly new and are fine, I changed the whole throttle body and its still the same, plus I also tried the coil pack, power pack etc from my GTiR and its still playing up!

Somebody please help!!!

Oh yes, I also bypassed the fuel filter, and I'm now thinking of changing the pump, but if its the pump it wouldn't be code 21 would it?

Matt Evans

Yep, 12bar on all cylinders. :)

Thanks for the reply bex :!: :D
I'm assuming the cutie in the pic is u? Wow, a good looking fem who's not just into cars, but knows what she's on about, and willing to share her knowledge. Are you like the perfect woman :?: Lol :D

Gray

Timing Chain, think you'll need a timing light to adjust it. Someone will know more about it than me!

B

bex

Matt Evans said:
Yep, 12bar on all cylinders. :)

Thanks for the reply bex :!: :D
I'm assuming the cutie in the pic is u? Wow, a good looking fem who's not just into cars, but knows what she's on about, and willing to share her knowledge. Are you like the perfect woman :?: Lol :D
ha ha ha!

just sat in my office and gone bright red!

cheers

and no im not perfect im a complete b*tch! :lol:

Matt Evans

O.k. thanks I'll look into the timing chain side of it.

Just to re-cap, here's what its actually doing now. I start the car and it revs fine. I can rev it right through the range, with ease and no missing. So as it gets warm, or more to the point, as soon as you try and drive it, it has a massive power loss and the engine power output is barely enough to pull the weight of the car.

So does this sound like timing, and would that give fault code 21?

Hey bex! B*tches are the best, so much more fun to tame :!: :wink: :D

E

edvinyl

you tried npoc.co.uk

might be worth seeing if you have a vaccum leak in one of the hoses or have a looksie at the fuel system might be summat up in there ...