Powerflex front wishbone front bushes

Jonnie R

Just had my front wishbones shot blasted ready for powder coating and noticed that there is a sleeve in the cylindrical part of the wishbone, the machine shop have told me I need to remove it but I have heard from from other powerflex users (not gtir) that they don't supply the bushes with the mentioned sleeve.... I'm confussed on what to do as bushes have a 2-3 week lead time and I have arranged to get the powder coating done on Friday:? .

Can someone who has had experience with powerflex bushes enlighten me on this please? Do I need to remove the sleeve or not?

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Jonnie R

Thanks crag, the sleeves are impossible to take out in one piece due to corrosion, I will have to cut them out and therefore be useless for future use. Is this ok?

Thanks,
Jon

Jonnie R

Thanks for your replies, I don't think my explaination is the best, I have removed the bush (burnt it out) and inner metal part shown in the link but I also have another outer sleeve which was pointed out to me by the machine shop - I thought it was part of the wishbone. I will try to post a picture.

Thanks,
Jon

youngsyp

Jonnie R said:
Thanks for your replies, I don't think my explaination is the best, I have removed the bush (burnt it out) and inner metal part shown in the link but I also have another outer sleeve which was pointed out to me by the machine shop - I thought it was part of the wishbone. I will try to post a picture.

Thanks,
Jon
If you're talking about the front wishbone mounting, it shouldn't have a sleeve in there. The bushes fit straight into it !

So if you do have a sleeve fitted, you don't need it.

Paul

vss irvine

the standard front bush has an outer steel sleeve, then bonded rubber, then an inner steel insert the bolt goes through. remove them all.
the new front bushes do not require the outer sleeve, they contact directly with the wishbones.

Jonnie R

youngsyp said:
If you're talking about the front wishbone mounting, it shouldn't have a sleeve in there. The bushes fit straight into it !

So if you do have a sleeve fitted, you don't need it.

Paul

vss irvine said:
the standard front bush has an outer steel sleeve, then bonded rubber, then an inner steel insert the bolt goes through. remove them all.
the new front bushes do not require the outer sleeve, they contact directly with the wishbones.
They're exactly the answers I needed :-D.

Thanks guys :thumbsup: