powerflex engine mount

A

AZ STE

Hi
Powerflex do one engine mount for our cars its stated as"front upper engine mount" but which one is that as the uppers are on the sides? anyone fitted this.

youngsyp

Sorry to hijack this thread but, I have seen a couple of pictures of the engine mount at the front of the car that has been uprated. Where do you get these ? You know the one I mean, the pathetic looking mount that you can move with your fingers. I think it's attached to the front crossmember ?!

J

jiw

Hi mate, i have this mount, upon fitting it it pulled the gearbox over to the point that i could not get the gear selector stabilizer bar to reach, i had to cut the mount down so that it fitted properly, the best bet would be to order a full set of nismo mounts from srb power for £190 this covers all 5.

the suspension bushes fit fine though!! and when you have a problem demon tweeks will deny any fault and pass you onto powerflex, powerflex will help but by this point the car was in bits so i just chopped it in the end, i will be fitting nismo's when ive saved for some suspension, jeff

A

AZ STE

Jeff ,
Are you sure you fitted it to the correct engine mount? as I think it should really fit the top left one. One of the original GTIR engine mounts is excentric the hole is offset by 10mm maybe thats why your gearbox pulled over.
Steve

J

jiw

Yeah mate im pretty much sure it is in the correct mount, 99.9% as the diameters of the housings are all different, the misalignment was not left to right as it would be with an inconcentric mount, it was pulling the gearbox forward by around 8-10 mm, i cut the inner faces of the two tophat's down by 5 mm and the bush seems to fit well, shame powerflex cant get this rite in the first place, i spoke to the technical department and all the dimensions of the bush was to their spec, jeff

A

AZ STE

Cheers for the reply,I think I will go with the SRB nismo kit :wink: