Power Steering pump replacement

All,

I have half taken off my power steering pump after being beaten last time by my lack of a 24mm spanner. Ive got the banjo bolt off, the pipe off the fluid tank, the adjustor off, and the long 14mm headed bolt off.

The pump moves around now - but shows no signs of wanting to come off! What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Can anyone help? Im guessing Ive got to get the bracket off from the rear of the pump, but with the access I have its not easy to see where it hooks on

Gtirchris

Hi buddy, if you have taken all of that off it should come free with a bit of a wriggle, its probably just stuck on the bottom locating dowels, give a spray with wd40, remove the oil filter to gain access and use a big screwdriver to lever out of tha bracket, hope this helps you out mate:thumbsup:.

Cheers! Thats exactly right... it feels like its on a dowel. Youd think theres enough oil on the damn thing, but ill give it a go. You a better man than me for being able to get that 14mm with the filter on, that was the first thing to come off lol

Gtirchris

He he, yep it sure is a pig of a job buddy, if i remember right I also had to take the water pump pulley off and the bracket that the adjuster bar goes onto to get enough clearance, also it helps massively if you drop the exhaust downpipe mate, happy spannering:)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I didn't drop the exhaust or take the water pump pulley off. I even left the p/s pulley on, but decided to take it off to put the pump back on. I can't remember any dowel either but it was 7 years ago I did mine.
Are you sure it isn't just abit tight in the mounting?