Power Steering Belt

Mark N

Hi just wondering if someone can help. I've tried looking in the search function, but there doesn't seem to be anything.

My power steering belt has snapped and I’m trying to put a new one on but the adjuster won’t slacken off is there another bolt on the pump that needs slackening off first? I’m screwing the adjuster inwards and its gone really stiff and won’t move anymore, so I think there must be a bolt to slacken first but I just can’t see it.

Cheers

Mark

Shaun

:D Hi mate,if you have a look at the adjuster bolt,theres a metal block about half way along it,theres a bolt on the side of this block that needs to be slackend off before it will adjust :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's not the above..............

You'll probably need to slacken off the bottom power steering mounting bolt.
You'll need a 14mm deep socket (I think) and you have to get under the car and as you're looking up at the power steering pump, you need to be going from left to right, you may need to have a feel around with your fingers first to find it as you can see the bolt, just slacken it off enough to allow the pump to pivot on the adjuster.

Mark N

Cheers Lads, I've sorted it now. I slacked those bolts you were on about and it move a bit to allow me to get the belt on.

Thanks again

Mark