power id cant be right!

M

Mulisha

Hooked up my Blitz Power ID up today. I calibrated the speed, its on 4WD and the weight is correct. The power meter only reads 163 HP. What the hell is this right? I thought the GTiR had 230 hp stock. I got new plugs, wires, cap. any idea?

M

Mulisha

I didnt think it was possible to loose over 70 HP from the engine to the wheels

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Mulisha said:
I didnt think it was possible to loose over 70 HP from the engine to the wheels
Its about a 24% transmission loss mate... EVO's suffer the same...

Rishi

ashills

can only read what power is put to teh wheels same as teh G Tech as it would be able to work out the loss from flywheel etc

M

Mulisha

so on 1.3 bar, HKS induction, HKS iridium plugs, new plug wires and dizzy cap Im only getting 220 HP. This sucks

ashills

i wouldnt take to much notice to be honest
as i had the a go with one and unless u drive the car the fastest it can possibily go u wont get a true reading
on my old car it used to say 110 at the wheels
when oin teh rollers i got 139 so shows they arent that great

J

jasegould

I was a bit dubious about these when I first heard about them but I spoke to a bloke who has a rolling road and he did comparisons and apparently they were very accurate :? :?: Not saying yours is down on power, justy heard good things about them

M

Mulisha

So took a tally and I guess this thing is accurate, thanks

A

Anonymous

mulisha- what else can the id meter do and is it worth the money, i have
blitz sbc-id boost controller to match it. :?:

M

Mulisha

It does quarter mile and other drag times, measures speed, power, dyno. If you can get one thats not at MSRP 359 US than yes. I like it cause you can get your 1/4 miles from light to light. And any mods you do you can see the power increase. Helps with tuning also. If you can get it cheap, get it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Standard R's tend to come in at a little over 215bhp, so your 163bhp would give you a loss of about 25%

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
RishiGTiR said:
Remember thats with a zorst and filter too... :wink:

Mulisha said:
so on 1.3 bar, HKS induction, HKS iridium plugs, new plug wires and dizzy cap Im only getting 220 HP. This sucks
Are you running 1.3 bar without the zorst then? and without an uprated fuel pump? :shock: If you are, I'd turn it down until you get the pump.

M

Mulisha

So the only problem is that I dont have an exhaust. I took the back box off and put a stove pipe there.