power from standard gti-r engine?

J

jim turbo

how much power can the standard internals of this engine take?i currently drive a 300bhp 2wd motor of a different marque from nissan :oops: (awaits abuse) and want 4wd ideally, so got looking at pulsars. i went out in a friend's which was running standard power (220bhp?), the launch was amazing, far better than my 2wd (obviously), but then after that it seemed to run out of poke a little bit, and i felt that my current motor would have reeled it in with ease. first mod for me would be a large fmic, such as an evo one or similar, ultrasonically cleaned injectors, good plugs/leads etc etc, what i want to know is how easy is it to achieve the 300bhp figure from these engines before internals need replacing, where do you get your ecu upgrades-do these have in-car adjustable boost settings?what fuelling mods need to be done (do std injectors/fuel pumps run ok with this power?),what power are the std turbo's good for? and i read on here about the gearbox's being the weak link, what kind of power will these take? sorry if these qu's have been asked before. cheers for any help :wink:

kyepan

there is an upgrade and tuning faq section

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=49

read all that and you'll get all the info you need and be a self certified expert on modding the gtir..

The worst thing about the r by far are the standard single piston brakes and little discs. And the understeer.. but decent four pots and a bump steer kit will sort that lot out.