Power FC Experts HELP!!

Bear with me please, quite along one...

Got a problem with my car the other week, it started with the odd miss and also not starting properly now and again. In those instances i had to give it gas to start it and would be rewarded with a little puff of light blue smoke out of the exhaust. Like i say this only happened now and again, most of the time it was fine.

This problem developed over a week or so to one day when the car suddenly started to jerk badly on the motorway on boost at about 4-5k rpm. At this time the engine check light came on and stayed on constantly. I believe it's wired to the Power FC to measure EGT, MAF and det. Shortly after the car started to badly jerk and cut out on anything over about 10% throttle or 2k rpm and was STINKING rich as hell and idling rough as old spanners at about 300 rpm. It even cut out on me twice on the mile limp home. I took the plugs out and they were badly dry fouled so i swapped em for a lower temperature.

I knew the problem wasn't det or EGT so i put it down to the MAF and changed it. Test driving the change, the car was just as bad.

I changed leads, plugs (new ones changed previously were badly fouled again) and dizzy (Thanks Billy and Al) and when we swapped the dizzy, hey presto all was fine, although the engine check light has not gone out. I put this down to the FC needing to be reset to remove the error code?

Today i drove an hour and a halfish and the car was fine for an hour or so, but then it started having the odd jerky cut out again. Luckily a couple of miles before my destination. It doesn't feel like a miss, more like a cut and on again. I don't know if the timing is out but i just set the dizzy where the old one was set. It doesn't smell rich now and isn't detting according to the Commander.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks
Alex