poss gearbox

oldaneal

well i think ive broke 5th gear but putting a post up to see what words of wisdom (or pi$$ taking) can be offered

was driving along at 60, car set to 1 bar boost was accelterating but not hard as it was in 5th at the time all of a sudden the car reved right up so i came off the accelerator and stoped then with the cluch either up or down wouldnt come out of gear and also the car didnt stall, i personally think its stipped 5th gear and will be getting the casing off to see in the mornng

any help or ideas

car also has a helix orgainic clutch and braded hose btw and no fluid lost

maz

when u take it out now, and drive along the road and slip it into 5th gear and give a little gas, do you hear a whizzing noise? thats exactly what happened to my 5th gear. stripped it.

maz

let me know how u get on bud, cos ive just spent 2 grand on a quaife cos i couldnt be arsed fixing the 5th :/

oldaneal

just drained the oil out and a lump of gear has come out so think i know where im looking lol

from memory my mates went on 5th and it was possible to change it in the car as its on the end of the shaft so about to start dismantling things

antgtir

Good luck mate, what were you saying at Japshow Finale:roll: :lol:

Hope the damage is minimal and you are on the road soon.

Ant.

oldaneal

antgtir said:
Good luck mate, what were you saying at Japshow Finale:roll: :lol:

Hope the damage is minimal and you are on the road soon.

Ant.

ermm yea :doh:

guess u wernt at the stand when mine wouldnt start cuz the battery was flat as well :oops: