por15 paint?

gtir bean

has anybody used this paint?its meant for painting rusty metal to stop it getting worse.they do loads of car restoration stuff so i was going to try it on the underside of my r where any rust is starting before i underseal it all again.

A

AJ4

I've not used that in particular, but I've used similar stuff on mine before and it actually worked ! I didn't believe all the hype on the tin, 'turns rust back into metal' etc, but I have to say it did actually work, I was quite impressed. It turned the rust into some rock hard blue stuff, definately wasn't rust anymore :D

If its anything similar then it should be 8)

G

GTI-R Kid

What was the name of the stuff you used AJ? And did you just coat it in waxoyl after it had cured into the hard blue stuff?

A

AJ4

Can't remember the name exactly, it was something cheesy like 'No More Rust !' or something :D I was repairing a rust hole below the mirror, so it was sanded down and some body filler put over the top. The filler stuck to it really well though, didn't have any problems.

If I remember the name I'll post it up, but it was just some cheap stuff from Halfrauds that I thought I would try to see if it really worked.