Pop Pop

P

PaddyPower

When my car hits full boost and reving at about 4000+ i notice a drop in power. Aswell as this drop in power, i also get explosions/popping out of the back of the exhaust. Begining to get a bit woried :cry:

Any ideas?

At first i thought under fueling becuase of the drop in power, but then thought maybe over fueling due to the popping.

CAN ANYONE OFFER SOME HELP? :roll:

gtir bean

the popping could be it dettonating?im not sure but mine did this when i bought it cos the guy i bought it from was a rocket and it was running unlimited boost.

Shaun

:wink: Just double check your sparkplugs are tight,as i have been using Denso's which at times became loose(1 time whilst on the dyno)and at 4000revs experienced a severe drop in power :wink: Because the plugs were loose,for some reason it caused the car to seriously overfuel :shock: Tightened them up and it cured the problem :D

Hope this helps.

N

N1SMO

sounds like your plugs need changed as the spark might be blowing out at full boost happens to me every year. unless you have upped the boost or something they might just need re-gapped.

C

chris-b

detonation-the usual cause of PISTON failure!! :shock:
where the fuel is igniting too early or self igniting causing massive shockwaves and different forces into the chamber!
not good- DO not drive it hard like this or it could blow a piston
change the plugs and gap em to 0.8-0.9 mmget ngk or denso's

www.sparkplugs.co.uk

A

Az

Check your spark flugs, what colour are they? Might be worth changing if you haven't already.

May also be fuel filter.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check your boost hoses are all secure and not leaking first as that's easiest.
Check your plugs ( and gaps) are ok,
Maybe try grounding the AFM again (bad earth) as it could be over fuelling.