poor hard braking/intermitant abs light

beau

ok, i have a pulsar, its currently got hi-spec motorsport front brakes on, normal braking/fast road braking they are fantastic, but if i need to do an emergency stop they are absolutly useless, i was coming upto a set of lights from around 60mph and they turned red so had to stop, well i tried and brakes felt very poor (hard pedal) and i over shot the lights by about a cars length.

once or twice a week, the abs light will randomly come on as im driving and abs will not work, i pull over, turn it off, re-start engine and all is ok again.

no idea if they are linked, hope someone can help, because im seriously worried should i ever need to stop fast, they wont work, i just dont understand how lovely and well they work and then utter crap when emergency stopping.

red reading

20 year old abs with larger than stock front brakes. system is getting confused and shutting down hence the solid pedal feeling.

P

pulsarboby

guarantee you its the master cylinder, ive had a few in doing the same thing on stock brakes....change that and it will be a whole different ball game

vss irvine

do the abs fault check, the pedal going hard sounds like the abs motor is kicking in

ive just had the exact same thing happen on a standard set up.