polyurathane bushes??

mattytappy

Hi guys and gals....anyone know if you get the subframe bushes ie the big ones that are mounted into the rear subframe that bolts to the chassis, in the powerflex rear bush kit or are these an extra.....got the whole lot on the floor and im stripping it down and giving it a re-build so may as well bung the polybushes in whilst its out...have a funny feeling they are part of the subframe lock and aline kit???

Anyone know before i order???

Keira

the only person ever to have got them made was allen (ashills), they are not part of the whiteline kit

O

Odin

saddler said:

They are the rear whiteline subframe kit and not the ones Matty is asking about, As stated Allen is the only one that has managed to get hold of the big subframe bushes, You will have to ask him if he can get anymore made up ;-) .

The whiteline ones you showed in your pics fit in between the subframe and and the floor.

Rob

Animaldaz

Ive been trying to get some of these for about a year now. So im intrigued to see if you can source them.

mattytappy

Hi vvs....just dropped an email to them to try and find out if they know if they can fit or if they can get a set to fit and also asked about a possible bulk load batch if they can be made up seeing as a few people cant get hold of them;-) ...we shall see what they say:)

vss irvine

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/vssirvine/08012008102.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/vssirvine/08012008101.jpg

ok, i had a go at the bushes today. and the polybush definately fits no problem, but im not happy with the size of the new steel insert supplied with the 200sx bushes.
the internal diameter is 1.5 mm larger than the old inserts. so this means there is more play on the mounting pins.
im sure once everything is all bolted back up and tight you may not notice the differance, but the whole reason for using these bushes is to tighten the back end up, so im going to get some new inserts made up with a tighter fit. but at least its a start!

O

Odin

vss irvine said:
so I'm going to get some new inserts made up with a tighter fit. but at least its a start!

Are you thinking about supplying these as kits once you've had a few sets made up ?, I'd be interested as I have a spare subframe in the garage that I want to rebuild this year sometime.

If not I'd be interested in just a set of bushes if you can have two sets of inserts made up ;-) .

Rob

mattytappy

I sent driftworks an email which they havent replyed to yet regarding weather or not they can specificaly make these bushes to fit our cars without the need to get new inserts made for them......and also if they would do a discount for a club group buy....so hopefully they should get back to me and let me know what they can do and what they may be able to offer?

Seeing as they are hard to get hold of thought that this might appeal to the masses;-)

vss irvine

Odin said:
Are you thinking about supplying these as kits once you've had a few sets made up ?, I'd be interested as I have a spare subframe in the garage that I want to rebuild this year sometime.

If not I'd be interested in just a set of bushes if you can have two sets of inserts made up ;-) .

Rob
my old man is cnc turner, so it wont be a problem getting the inserts made up. ill get a set made to make sure everything still fits ok, then if anyone else needs any ill sort them a set. and they can buy the bushes direct from driftworks.(unless driftworks can supply the gtir inserts)

O

Odin

vss irvine said:
my old man is cnc turner, so it wont be a problem getting the inserts made up. ill get a set made to make sure everything still fits ok, then if anyone else needs any ill sort them a set.

8) Cheers mate :thumbsup: .

Rob