Polybushes

BenD

where can i get a full set from? ive been looking around, and nick at anythingcars doesnt appear to do them anymore.

i thought i seen one of the traders selling on here, but i cant find where it was, and yes, i have done a search before all you moaning mods gang up on me :wink:

dont wanna buy them in drips and drabs, wanna buy the lot in a oner!

cheers

Ben

J

J-GTi-R

Nick stopped selling them because they wre an absolute pig to fit to his (Mike/ex-gtir had to hack them to bits first).

BenD

Werent they the powerflex bushes? i did read about that. what about whiteline, dont they do a full bush kit?

A

antilag

demon tweeks do all whitline stuf and there the cheapest around i believe u will need part numbers tho as most parst are universal and they dnt list them for the gtir ect ect

BenD

I could ask powerstation i suppose. totally forgot about them and im on there doorstep :roll: wot a nobber :oops:

Get them to fit them aswell :lol:

mohsan

dont fit?

so your telling me these things dont fit? then i cant understand why they were made for these cars!
i would also like to fit the whole set. If their is any one out their that has done this,or is going to do this,please let us know,how much of an improvement it is,and is it worth doing?
total cost,and cost of labour,my handling is shit,have got bigger wheels,but still in the wet it is shit.I dont really blame the car, i dont think the 4wd is all that,but it is a old car!

J

jiw

Might be just the equipment people are using to fit them mate, i have just got a front set of powerflex for mine, im gonna fit them through the week so i will let you know how it goes, demon tweeks usually dont sell stuff that wont fit properly, or so ive heard, although i have recently fitted a powerflex front gearbox mount, it kinda fits i.e all the widths of the standard mount are still their but it just dont look rite, will find out when the engine goes back in, jeff

BenD

yea, im probably gonna take it to powerstation when it gets back on the road to fit the whiteline bushes.

If powerflex bushes are a shite fit on the GTIR, why arent powerflex informed so they can sort it out?

but is it the fit that is poor whilst they are in situ, or is it getting the things in in the first place? :?

skiddusmarkus

Re: dont fit?

mohsan said:
so your telling me these things dont fit? then i cant understand why they were made for these cars!
i would also like to fit the whole set. If their is any one out their that has done this,or is going to do this,please let us know,how much of an improvement it is,and is it worth doing?
total cost,and cost of labour,my handling is s**t,have got bigger wheels,but still in the wet it is s**t.I dont really blame the car, i dont think the 4wd is all that,but it is a old car!

What size?Anything above 16's and the chances are it will be

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: dont fit?

mohsan said:
my handling is s**t,have got bigger wheels,but still in the wet it is s**t.I dont really blame the car, i dont think the 4wd is all that,but it is a old car!
It could be down to tyres too. Mine deffinately feels better on my Dunlops than it did on the jap tyres. :)

J

J-GTi-R

demon tweeks usually dont sell stuff that wont fit properly, or so ive heard,
Well they d sell the OMP strut brace for the GTi-R and... well I gave mine away after about a month.

Davey

Also, learn how to drive it properly, just because it's got 4wheel drive, doesnt mean it's going to grip like formula 1 car :wink:

mohsan

guys

i been through the standard 14s, after market 16s and light weight 17s, ive lurnt for the R their aint nufin like the 16s,suit it superb. Gota get a wall on the tyre also so it could flex a little,i reccomend 205/50/16s.
but 205/45/16s fab too. i just find having more of a tyre wall actually helps. and when you got the big wheels you loose the wall,as i did on the 17s 205/40/17. you feel more road,and like drummin around roundabouts.
What im sayin is in the wet it aint to that. and no my tyres are fresh!
I been in non 4wd drive cars that will put the gtir too shame.
Theirs got to be something to sort out the handling.
well first of all if you hant got a bumpsteer kit,get one. mine should be with me within the week. is suppose to be biggest improvement for handling. also yeh go up 15s or 16s. but when you have bigger power i will say 16s. strut braces also make an amazing difference as i have learnt before. would like to go for some secondhand ones,any for sale give me a shout. any oz superleggeras in 16s give me a shout.
cheers guys

M

memski

I find a lower tyre profile is better as it reduces flex on hard cornering. Sure the ride is firm, but this ain't a luxury car :wink: I've got all cusco braces on mine, and had Tein HAs all round as awell as the whiteline handling kit and bumpsteer removal kit. Out of all that the Teins made the biggest difference, such a phenomenal difference once I had to swap them with stock dampers/springs :shock: Car handles like it's glued to the road with those and some decent tyres, Teins going back on soon :wink:

skiddusmarkus

J-GTi-R said:
demon tweeks usually dont sell stuff that wont fit properly, or so ive heard,
Well they d sell the OMP strut brace for the GTi-R and... well I gave mine away after about a month.

Is that the yellow one?I used ot have that and had to move the nracket the throttle cable goes onto and slightly enlarge the holes.After that it went on fine.