Poly sway bar bushings

CanadianR

Over here in Canada, nobody makes diddly squat for the GTiR.

My front sway bar bushings are shot, and annoying the heck out of me. Short of going to Nissan for another rubber bushing, I was wondering if any other car in the Nissan fleet used the same parts as the GTiR?

Attention to the front sway bar bushings. Does anybody know the specs that I would need to match up the parts, to say an nx1600 or nx2000 (I'm not sure if you got those over there). Although a 1991-1994 sentra would be similar to this car.

I tried using whiteline's site to cross reference, but they didnt list anything for the nx at all. The parts guy at nissan isn't the smartest one in the bunch, but he's going to give me a call back if he finds anything.

Any higher advice or opinions?

Keira

the gtir has some huge dumbass front arb, 28mm iirc, i'd be suprised if theres anything similar

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I put some powerflex bushes in IIRC but TBH, the bushes for the ARB aren't as critical so Nissan bushes might be fine for your needs. If your Nissan dealer over there isn't that helpful then maybe one over here? You send some bushes here, we send some back? Ask Paul (Younsyp) to pay you in bushes :lol::lol:

P

pulsarboby

bit of a thread hijack but what does iirc mean? seen it a few times now and cant work it out!

CanadianR

pulsarboby said:
bit of a thread hijack but what does iirc mean? seen it a few times now and cant work it out!
If I remember Correctly.

IIRC.:lol:

anyways, the dealer has them for 12 bucks each, so I think I'll grab them and stuff em in.

youngsyp

Jesse,

You could try www.superflex.co.uk or, look at the ES range for the Sentra and NX2000. They'll fit but, you'll need to get the bushes for a 28mm front ARB and 15mm (according to Whiteline) rear ARB.
Try here: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.5115&cat=1378 Nice kit as it comes with the link pin bushes too.

And here: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.5116&cat=1378 Again, this comes with the link pin bushes.

As Jim has said, the improvement from using these is subjective but, I could certainly feel the difference with them fitted so, would recommend them.

I just caught Jim's comment ;-) and I'm more than happy to take delivery of a set of the Superflex bushes, and ship them out to you. If that's what you wanted bud !

O

Odin

I've got a spare set of front poly arp bushes sitting in the garage, I had them on my standard bar before fitting the new whiteline ARP.

They've only done about 3k and are also whiteline.

Rob

CanadianR

Hm. Paul, thats the info I was looking for, to see if the bushings from a sentra/nx could fit the GTiR. I think I will order a set from the same supplier as the ES bushing in the group buy.