Police Sirens?

009gtir

So my tranny makes a sound when I am on the gas and when I let go of the throttle it goes away. Told it was the final drive gears. Kinda sounds like it comes from the back Diff...does anyone have one laying around?? and has this ever happened to anyone else?

:yuck:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
So my tranny makes a sound when I am on the gas and when I let go of the throttle it goes away. Told it was the final drive gears. Kinda sounds like it comes from the back Diff...does anyone have one laying around?? and has this ever happened to anyone else?

:yuck:
the cars are fast approching 20 years old so I'm sure it's happened to plenty of them along with most otherthings I suspect :lol::lol: if you look at the menu bar that runs along the top of the club site you'll see a "search" option ;-) try a search and see what you can find :lol:

has the noise just started or have you just bought the car and it makes this noise ?

have you checked that theres any oil in the rear diff ? or any of them for that matter ?

009gtir

cant open the front one. but never checked the back one. I didnt know what to search for at all sorry...

P

pulsarboby

yes it sounds like I am being pulled over in london...but I m from the states.
are you a space and time traveller by any chance?
or is your car very very long?
or have you just got excellent hearing:-D