plssssss help!!!

M

memoli

Hi everyone, iv finally put my R back together (fitted braided turbo lines).... but now i av a new problem. I have a front mount intercooler, when i start the car up it idles ok...but as soon as you rev it, the 90 degree silicone hose that goes into the inlet manifold at the top of the engine collapses in the middle and the car turns of.....all pipes are on properley, do you rekon it could be a blockage in the pipe run? or something else....

any help much appretiated!!

cheers!!

antgtir

Pipework plumbed in incorrectly would be my first guess.

Which pipe collapses? Is it on the exhaust of the turbo? or the smaller vac pipes?

Ant.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like there could be something in the pipe work, or you have the worlds weediest silicone hose that just isn't up to the job.

P

pulsarboby

are you talking about the 2 1/2' pipe from intercooler to throttle body?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
memoli said:
the 90 degree silicone hose that goes into the inlet manifold at the top of the engine
I assume he means the hose on the plenum inlet.

Has this front mount just been fitted or has it been on a while?

P

pulsarboby

thats what i think he means!
how can that pipe possibly collapse / suck in??? its not under vacuum pressure:?
just doesnt make sense to me!

unless he has somehow managed to run it from induction side of turbo!!! very confused by this one lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I can only think there must be something in the pipe work before the intercooler as if it was after, it'd have gone into the manifold by now. Or like I said above, that hose is seriously shite.

P

pulsarboby

it would have to be a very large blockage ie completely blocked, to suck that hose in.
perhaps a babies head or small rodent 'like a cat' has crawled in there:lol:

or perhaps he thought it would be a good place to stash his cash or drugs, the mind boggles lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well there was a guy a year or so back that had running problems. His turned out to be a rag he'd used to blank the front mount with had been forgotten and got sucked into the manifold.

Mr GTiR

Fast Guy said:
Well there was a guy a year or so back that had running problems. His turned out to be a rag he'd used to blank the front mount with had been forgotten and got sucked into the manifold.
LOL, name and shame this person!

M

memoli

Hey guys my thread seems to have gotten evryone confused lol.....its the silicone pipe that goes into the inlet at the top of the engine....the pipe is a samco one so its good. It was working fine before i put everything back together. Im gonna put my old top mount on it tommorow and see if it cures itself then i know definately theres something lodged in the pipe run....

thanks alot guys, appretiate ya help!!

steve963

like pulsarboby says, i`d check for small rodents blocking the pipework, as the engine must be sucking the pipework flat on the intake stroke (did you have a cat? lol)

M

memoli

Hey guys....pulled all the pipes of today and found a bloody tesco bag bunged up against the drivers side of the entrance to the intercooler. Dont have a clue how it got there....boggles the mind lol!! thanks alot for al a hel guys.

Ill post pics of my baby soon up on ere!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Woohoo!! What do I win?:lol:

I take it you are running an air filter? If it's still in the origional housing, I'd check it out for holes.