Please help. fitting a boost controller

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Im trying to fit profec b to my R.

Problems being.

a)i know one pipe has to go to the actuator, so do u block the old pipe off at the plenum?
b)how does the other pipe connect to the intercooler pipework after the turbo?

Cheers

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

please help with this, as ive looked at the manufactures instructions but they dont realy tell you what needs to be modded

timmy

I've got one of these fitted and didn't have much trouble. One pipe goes from the actuator to the control solenoid and another goes from the control solenoid to the plenum. Make sure you get the right connections on the solenoid though as there are 3 on there and only two that are used. Asmaller pipe goes from the back of the controller and tee's into the MAF line to measure boost. Where abouts in Lanc's are you. Would be happy to come and compare sometime if you are close by.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Im in Chorley mate but can travel to manchester in 20 minutes.

I know what your saying below but in the manufacture instrctions it shows one of these outlets on the solenoid going to the charge pipe after the turbo.

I doesnt show as you say just placing the valve inbetween as you would with a bleed valve.

So the pipe from the plenum goes into one outlet and then a pipe goes from the actuator to the other outlet?
Does this mean the pipe whichis t-pieced off this (i think is boost contol solenoid) is then disconnected and blocked off at the plastic hardpipe which goes from the air filter to the turbo?

Cheers

timmy

The plenum is at the same pressure as the outlet pipe of the turbo making them in effect the same place. Putting the pipe from the plenum instead of the turbo exit has the added advantage of cotrolling to the pressure of the inlet manifold after it has seen the losses through the intercooler and the piping. All the control valve is is a fancy bleed valve that eacts a lot quicker so you don't get spike.