PLEASE HELP FIT MY GOOSE

A

Anonymous

HOW DO I GET THE REAR OF THE ZORST OVER THE BACK AXLE THERE SEAMS TO BE NOW ROOM TO TWIST IT THROUGH MY CAR IS ON AXLE STANDS A JACK AND 2 BRICKS. SOMBODY MUST OF FITTED 1 THERE SELVES I HAVE TRIED BUT I CARNT GET IT THROUGH[}:)]

J

Jon

from what i remember dude,
u need to get it higher than the axle stands have your car.
it has to be twisted over the rear axle from quite an angle
& turned 180 degrees to sit properly.
i had to take mine to a garage with a ramp.
dont take me for granted though!
there might be a way without the ramp but it did look tricky even though it was 6 feet in the air
good luck
Jon

A

Anonymous

GOT HALF THE ZORST ON SO CARNT REALY MOVE IT[:(]
WILL HAVE TO STUGLE[}:)]

Curtis

If I was you I'd take the half off and pop it into a garage.
I slipped a garage £20 to fit my exhaust (Trust). [:D]

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

Davey

me and mikey struggled with his exhaust for about 3 hours[V], had to give up in the end, its impossible without it being up in the air m8![:(!]

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do what I did. Put your origional exhaust back on and go to a local garage with a ramp. The goose part is alot longer than the (my) standard was and you need to have the car on a ramp with a good 5ft clearance underneath, as the pipe is not far off vertical when it goes on. The downpipe turned out to be quite similar, but not as bad.[xx(]

A

AJ4

Have to agree, spent hours and hours trying to fit the last section at home, even with the car at 45 degrees in the air...

Gave up and drove it to my nearest garage without the back section ( sounded nice [:D]) and bunged them a tenner to fit it.

'average length member' ? Hmm..thats what my missus says...

A

Anonymous

Thanks people their is VW[:0]Specalist round the corner i will drive it there with half the zorst on £50.00 but its worth it only paid £120 for zorst[8D].

Anyway atleast the VW people will get to work on a real car[;)].

Keira

Did mine a piece of proverbial p!ss.

Nothing like having a 5ft deep inspection pit in your next door neighbours garage [:)][B)][:)]

It's a big black fly swat

A

Anonymous

Curtis,

Do you know if the trust one look like the scorpion - in shape and back box size - and do you know if it sounds similar?

TA

Si.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
quote:Originally posted by kieron

Did mine a piece of proverbial p!ss.

Nothing like having a 5ft deep inspection pit in your next door neighbours garage [:)][B)][:)]

It's a big black fly swat

Well that's one way to look at it.... If you can't get it up enough, go down in your neighbours.[:D][:p][;)]

A

Anonymous

Just fitted my exhaust on friday. Dont even try do it
on the floor. Your car needs to be on a ramp.[;)]
I tried for an hour then put the old exhaust back on.
drove it to a garage and hay presto a ramp

Uncle Winnet

just drop the back axle down a few incs its only a coupl of bolts i did it 4 matt olver after he saide i would never do it on axles stands. i proved him wrong

john

341 bhp and 1 loose nut behind the wheel

A

Anonymous

All done now thanks for the replys.

It sounds like a rally car.[:)]
Boost to be turned up next.[:D]

Curtis

quote:Originally posted by scranmer
Curtis,

Do you know if the trust one look like the scorpion - in shape and back box size - and do you know if it sounds similar?

TA

Si.

Sorry mate, I've no idea what the Scorpion exhaust looks or sounds like?

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!