Places to buy coilover springs from ?

youngsyp

Chaps,

I've just bought a set of D2 coilovers and the guy who sourced them from me, didn't get the springs to my specs. As I can't trust him to refund me, if I send them back, I want to source a pair or springs for the rear set up. Apart from Kev and Apex and Lionel (who are on my list to contact), does anybody know where else I can source these from ?

I'm after springs with a rate of 4Kg/mm (225lb), they're 2.5" internal diameter with a free length of 8". And would prefer D2/K-Sport/G-Force original springs.
Oh, and I really need them by Thursday !

Cheers

Paul

P.s. I've also looked at Merlin, Demon Tweeks and Race parts !

Last edited:

youngsyp

Just for info, for anyone in a similar position to me, I contacted Impulse (the official UK distributor of D2 products) and they were very helpful and it seems like they have a huge stock of parts down there. However, as I'm extremely impatient and like to hedge my bets, I contacted Kev at Apex and he's now sorted me a pair of 4Kg/mm springs for £12 ish +vat each. Looks like I'm back on course now so, happy again !

As I'll have the same set up as Kev's potential K-Sport group buy, I'll report back with my findings after fitment and alignment set up at the end of the week.

Last edited:
O

Odin

What rates are you using on the front ?, As they are way to hard as well.

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
What rates are you using on the front ?, As they are way to hard as well.

Rob
The plank that supplied my D2's, supplied them with 5.3 kg/mm springs front and rear, despite me requesting 4Kg/mm fronts and 3.2Kg/mm rears.
So, I will have a spare set of 5.3 kg/mm springs, should anyone require them.

The final set up, with the springs I currently have for the front and Kev's supplied springs for the rear, will be 5.3Kg/mm front and 4Kg/mm rear. The same as the set up that Kev can supply for the group buy.
Still a little stiff for what I wanted but, the best compromise I can find. I'll just have to drive on smooth roads !! :lol:

O

Odin

I'll take the 5.3's off you fella, I then just need some softer rears, Has to better than the 7's lol.

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
I'll take the 5.3's off you fella, I then just need some softer rears, Has to better than the 7's lol.

Rob
No worries bud. As soon as I get the coilovers fitted and set up (this weekend, as long as Kev's springs turn up by Thursday !) We can sort something out.
They're brand new, not even been near a car yet and I'm not after making money on them. If you're willing to give me what I paid for the replacements, and cover the shipping to you, I'm sure we can have a deal.

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
If you're willing to give me what I paid for the replacements, and cover the shipping to you, I'm sure we can have a deal.

Cheers

Paul

Sounds good to me fella :thumbsup: .

Rob