Pit Crew And Sponsors Needed Please!!!

P

pulsarboby

seeing as its heaving with rain here in sunny essex, ive got no work today and am bored
which brings me to my next topic:
as all of you probably know by now (times ive mentioned) i will be racing my gtir in either the barc pro modified class or lma euro saloons next year (money permitting).
its a good chance to put the gtir on the racing map, as i know of no other at present which is racing in either of these two formulas.

the car will be running as a group A car so i will be up against some very stiff competition indeed in the form of £150,000+ cars ex touring cars and drivers, that are sponsored to the max with full crews.
then you have me:lol: no money, no crew just myself as driver and mechanic! and my pretty little future wife, to help out, but shes not very strong, doesnt like getting her finger nails dirty, and doesnt even know how to map a car:shock: :roll: (not good you may think! plonker, idiot or whatever) BUT what a buzz it will be to put some of these big league boys with there big money firmly into place:-D

im not the best driver in the world, ''i dont profess to be'' but i can handle a car at speed and i do honestly think i will give some of these big boy setups a run for their money!

I have some test days coming up in november to set car up for next season, so hopefully all will be ok.
the reason im posting this thread is because:
1) is there anyone out on this site that would be prepared to sponsor me? not for money but in the form of tyres, parts, suspension setup, and mapping rolling road, help in any way or form
in return i will advertise your company on side of car and my support van.
i am also in process of having my own website (tubbyracing) which your company will be advertised on.
i may also in return have a corporate type day at a track near your location, where i will be offering track time, hair raising passenger rides, food, drink and a chance to chat about the comong season, and answering any questions you may have!
i have no idea of how the car or myself will perform next season against the type of opposition i will be up against (it will not be easy) but i am dedicated 100% and will make every effort to try and get some podium finishes, although realistically a top 6 finish would be an excellent achievement.
hopefully this will be of benefit to your company as well as myself!

2)i am also looking for volunteers probably two! who would like to get involved in aiding me as a mechanical crew. you will have to have a good mechanical knowledge of these cars and be prepared to muck in when required.
im a decent bloke and up for a laugh and do not take everything seriously as a lot of people in this type of thing do! so the weekends will always be a good crack and a laugh,
(hopefully not at my finishing position):roll: with a few drinks involved;-)
please dont say your up for it, if deep down you have no intention, as this is just wasting my time!
SO HOWS ABOUT IT!! ANYBODY INTERESTED AT ALL??? any questions???

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Firstly I praise your spirit, its occasionaly crossed my mind but quickly gets ruled out as it is such a commitment.

I would love to support you for the whole season but I know between my work and home life that would never happen. I would like to help out even if it was only at the northern tracks or during testing. Where are you thinking of testing out of interest?

I know I could never be one of your 2 permenant mechanics but would like to support your effort in some way.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

sorry didnt read the hole post :doh:

pm me mate id like to talk to you

cheers Lionel.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

campbellju said:
Firstly I praise your spirit, its occasionaly crossed my mind but quickly gets ruled out as it is such a commitment.

I would love to support you for the whole season but I know between my work and home life that would never happen. I would like to help out even if it was only at the northern tracks or during testing. Where are you thinking of testing out of interest?

I know I could never be one of your 2 permenant mechanics but would like to support your effort in some way.
thanks i appreciate your response! (as stated any help will not go amiss)
will be testing at various tracks throughout the country first one being either cadwell or brands.
will also be running other test days at silverstone, mallory park, snetterton and possibly oulton park assuming gearbox lasts that long:lol: think i need about 10 spares! will have to lay out for quaife or ppg if car and myself perform well enough.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Certainly outon and cadwell are very dooable for me with only minimal approval needed from my wife :D It might give me an excuse to buy a couple more car setup bits to help out.

Keep me informed.

Cheers,
Jim

P

pulsarboby

will keep you posted jim thankyou! and an excuse for a few bevvies too no doubt!

abmunro: thanks i will contact him to find out more info, but trouble is different club events have a different outlook on regs and specification.

i have also heard through the grapevine that the lma eurosaloon championship could be televised next year on sky but thats all heresay at the moment, so you may see live footage of a crashtest dummy in a gtir:crutch:

P

pulsarboby

thanks for all the offers and pm's ive had chaps.
will keep you all posted, when i do test days etc, so if anybody wants to come along then your all more than welcome. i will be up and down the country at various tracks so some of you wont have far to travel if you want to come along.
i will need to get stuck in with car though, lots to do yet and not a lot of time to do it all in.
does anybody know a really good tuner / mapper in the south east area, i am prepared to travel if they are really good?

boucherie

depending on what management you've got the two people that you should chat to about mapping are either fusion ed (does emanage and power fc's i think) or engine advantages in witham (power fc's but with rolling road setup)

maybe if you have a chat with paul at engine advantages he might consider a sponsership of some sorts?

have you considered maybe having a group of mechanics local to each track as chances are they may have more 'local' knowledge of that track?

P

pulsarboby

Mmm! so its either fusion ed aka ashills or engine advantages?
when ive run engine in will have 700cc injectors, emanage, avcr fuel and boost controllers, (latter already fitted) speed limit defencer and so forth! but i dont want to fit any of these untill engine is run in, for obvious reasons.
will they be able to fit this stuff when i take the car to be mapped and setup as i dont want to drive it untill its mapped with these parts fitted??

boucherie! yes have considered that but only disadvantage with that is if theres a lot of different hands on car, it can start to get confusing as new guy doesnt know what previous guy has been doing in way of setup etc and not everybody has the same ideas about setup and so forth, so ideally it will be one or two fairly local lads, have someone in mind already whos on this site who seems to know his stuff from canvey! but will have to see how it goes.
but you are right in the respect of different tracks, as each track will require a different setup in wet and dry conditions.
if your reading this fusion ed! pm me and we can have a chat regarding prices etc.
cheers guys for the help so far!