Pistons?

smiddy

After reading another thread on here I took out my plugs to see if there were any markings on my pistons. There is a small circle but no numbers or letters. Are these standard as my block was re-bored and I'm wondering if Nissan did an oversize set.

PulsarLee

if the dont say 54c then they are aftermarket
how would you see the 54C?.......after you take a plug out and shine a torch into the bore? all i can see is a circle on top of the piston about the size of a penny...with,no,markings?

please advise.

thanks,

Lee

red reading

you cant miss the 54c stamp,if you can see the circle on the center of the piston you would be able to see the 54c next to it on standard pistons.

PulsarLee

My head is all but off............ just heald on with what seems to be a couple of hoses on the back that i cant fkin get to,grrrrrrr any tips fella

cheers

Braveheart

My head is all but off............ just heald on with what seems to be a couple of hoses on the back that i cant fkin get to,grrrrrrr any tips fella

cheers
I have not had the pleasure of removing the head (touch wood) so I can't really advise.
The best I could do is email you a couple of rear engine pics which might help you locate and navigate to to offending critters!

Jon Olds

Coulnt wait to get rid of the tickover control gubbins down the back of the engine. Makes removing the head (almost...) a pleasure.

Two extra turns on the throttle stop. Mind, mine is a rally car
Jon

Nick K

That is a shit pic..... Looks like its not been running right are they small dints in the pistons?
Lol, Thanks Dave, I'm available for weddings and birthdays. The engine has not ran for 7 years. Don't know anything about the engine or previous set up. I've plumbed it all back up to run standard setup, so i'll give it some right foot to give bores a clear out and have another look i reckon,

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Look stock to me as you can see the circle in the centre of the piston, the 54c is to one side of it