pistons

PaulB

If your looking to buy generic SR20det pistons(not gtir specific), then go for the 8.5:1.

When fitted to a gtir the compression ratio will actually be 8.3:1, this is because the gtir has a slightly different shaped head.

I went for ARIAS, and cannit fault them, they also have the cut out for the oil squirter

jocster76

im lookin at some je pistons so 8.5.1 is the best to go for and who your rebore paul coz i live in gateshead and looking for a decsent company .

PaulB

ah right cool, jes are good, im just not sure what you do about the oil squirter.

I had it done by Northern Rebore in newcastle. If you go up westgate road to the traffic lights at proto, after the bike shops. Turn left, go to the mini roundaout, turn right, then immediatly left.

Id go for arias myself tho ;)

jocster76

cheers paul , now im lost you sayin that the je pistons dont have a oil squirter was goin for hks but just found out my wife is pregnent so im on a tight budget now.
just i found these pistons and there cheap as chips if ya dont mind me askin how much and where did you get yours from.

cheers joc

S

str_motorsport

Je also have the cuts for the ol jets...i have them for my car!
Arias and wiseco also have the cuts...CP not