pistons, are these any good for gtir?

G

gtirron

thanks for the answer, but do i need 19mm bearings to fit these conrods?

M

MarkMc

I pretty sure thats what they have fitted to mine arias pistons and eagle rod, with nissmo comp bearings.

M

MarkMc

Yeah I know its been covered many times before. But hay that’s what the receipts say that’s what they told me. But hay I did not put the parts together I am just assuming.

S

Sirnixalot

was answering his question...not cross with you for using silvia rods/bearings :lol:

M

MarkMc

Not cross in the slightess :D :D . I just keep hearing these are meant for 200sx motors :? . The rods have too much side play HMMM :? . The nissmo bearing don’t work with em HMMM :? . Makes me think HMMMM what did they do with why engine :?: . It seems fine to me 8) :D .

S

Sirnixalot

MarkMc said:
Not cross in the slightess :D :D . I just keep hearing these are meant for 200sx motors :? . The rods have too much side play HMMM :? . The nissmo bearing don’t work with em HMMM :? . Makes me think HMMMM what did they do with why engine :?: . It seems fine to me 8) :D .
the rods will not have too much side to side play. From what ive gathered the seat of the bearing which sits on to the crank is the same on both bearings but the outer side which mates to the rods is different between the bearings.

The nismo bearings fro the silvia's have the same modifications that our stock bearings do, i think the metal they use might be a bit better grade but thats about it.

Stock GTi-R bearings rule. 360* chamfered oiling ports, an oil galley on the back of the bearing that distributes oil to the oiling holes.