Piston spec...need help

deank93

I know its a long shot but here goes,

I'm in the process of sorting my new engine spec and have dug out all my receipts looking for the exact spec of my forged pistons so as to determine just how much boost they will handle.

My car was built by SENissan (no need to tell me they have a poor rep etc) and would like to know if anyone else has brought forged pistons from them, but there are no specific details on the invoices and as they have closed down i'm unable to contact them direct.

if so can anyone tell me:

-The temperature range
-Rev limit
-Grade of alloy uused
-Any examples of power figures obtained

Thanks, DEAN.

deank93

Fast Guy said:
deank93 said:
-Any examples of power figures obtained

Thanks, DEAN.
407bhp, Madbazza95s car, by the previous owners Well lane turbos, 13/4/2003
Alan's old car 8) , i seem to remember he didn't get his pistons from SE, i could be wrong though.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
deank93 said:
Alan's old car 8) , i seem to remember he didn't get his pistons from SE, i could be wrong though.
Pass on that one. I just know it was an SENissan car :wink:

deank93

Was Turblio's engine built by SE? also there was a white R around the Basildon area with a Turini front bumper and snazzy re-trimmed interia that was advertised for sale on here about 6 months ago does anyone know the car or if it had an engine build by SE, i think the owner was a regular down Southend.

DEAN.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
They will be JE Pistons as they had a deal with JE at the time

Either

86mm - 86.5mm
7:8:1 Compression

OR

86mm - 86.5mm
8:5:1 Compression

JE are one of the goodens so i wouldn't worry yourself over heat range etc... They will take everything i you want them to...

More info, Click Here...

Rishi

R-Type

If they clatter from cold start up, they will be JE pistons.
As Fast Guy states - Madbazza's R was built by SE & it uses JE pistons.

G

GTI-R Kid

deank93 said:
Was Turblio's engine built by SE?
Yeah his was - believe he has JE pistons too. And he's now making over 350bhp thanks to his new turbo. :wink: