piston pics

zia

has any one got any pic of after market piston i.e the top face of the piston, looked at jap sight but they don,t show profile of piston top face. really want some info valve cut out, squish band,top ring groove etc

thanks zia

P

paulrandy

Coated JE's

Old HKS

Can't find pics of my Wiseco's but ive got the info sheets for them and the JE's somewhere.

zia

thanks paul, nice pics, looking at the pistons they look like reverse dome type pistons with really wide,or no squish band? looking at the hks they seemed to have narrow dome than the JE which seem why they have lower comp ratio than the hks. do your hks have top ring gas ports?

thanks zia

zia

pulled these out of my spare engine! anyone like to guess what,s wrong with them it should visable?

can anybody give me some info or measure thier forged piston and tell me the thickness of top ring to piston face and thickness of second ring land and oil would really appreciate any info these cast have top ring land of 6mm also has anybody seen gtir piston with valve cut out on piston face?

thanks zia[/img]

MarkTurbo

The one on the right in the bottom pic looks a bit blue around the top :? and the rings look knackered :?:

But that could be due to my ancient pc monitor :lol: :lol: :lol:

zia

sorry pics are bit crap if you look at top pic, far right piston, have close look see at the skirt, when opening the block up found piece of the skirt snapped from the edge! what caused this i hear you say, on checking the main bearing all shell had sign of extreme wear, which possibly caused the crank to whip or flex, or i could be wrong and something else occured ?

zia