piston info

B

boozyboo

im looking at getting some forged pistons as im rebuilding my motor. had a price for weisner (have no idea if this is spelt right) for 365+vat. just woundering if this sounds good. does to me. im getting standard size cos im not looking at major power.does this afect price. how do you lot rate weisner??? to je ones. i know je are a bit more pricey. sorry for the long thread.

dropped my motor out monday, couldnt belive how easy it was. took 3.15 hours, not bad considering electrics looked like a wormary.:doh: .

p.s is there a thread on here that has tourque settings for a rebuild.

thanks in advance for any advice and links.

boo

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
you mean Wiseco pistons

they are great, mine are still fine after 3 years at 1.7 - 1.9 bar and have taken loads of abuse.

ram5ay

or do you mean Wossner pistons? - http://www.forgedpistons.co.uk

If so they seem good quality, used them in a couple of engine builds at the work fairly recently with no issues so far, similar to weiseco's with the coated skirt etc, but maybe not quite as nice a finish. Should be up to the job though.
If you want cheaper buy from the states - wiseco, je, etc.

Before you order standard size pistons it might be an idea to measure (or if you dont have a bore mic, have a machine shop measure) your bore sizes to check they are good condition and within standard spec.

;-)

Adam L

Running standard size pistons doesn't determine power. You'll find nearly everyone with forged pistons runs oversized ones because the bores have to be honed from previous damage.