pipes

B

blackpulsargtir

at the back of my car just behind the back axle there are 2 oval stiff pipes hung down in a w shape starting at the diff to the wheel both sides.

now they look even and are both quite stiff but they look out of place, and look like they could catch something when driving.

is this normal or are they meant to be tidied away?

i've drawn a really detailed pic to show what i mean (i know it's great you dont have to tell me) an the camera phone wasn't detailed enough as there was no flash.

J

jpward

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice post mate :p

Yes they are your cables and should hang a bit but brackets on the rear sub-frame keep them in place and if you catch them then your engine sump will be scrap as it will hit way before the cables will ;-)

B

blackpulsargtir

should they hang down like this or do you mean that they should be tidied away via the clip? if anyone would be luuurvley enough to post a pic of the underside rear of their vehicle then i will be able to tell if mine are right or not. its just that they look out of place.

tankuplease!

S

seanleed

Mine have looked like that for over 4 years and they've never been any trouble.

B

blackpulsargtir

See mine look like they hang down more because you have all that yellow metal work around diff & axle and i don't - is that standard on yours or have you had it put on? Is it some sort of guard? Should it be on all cars? Sorry to pester but i just wanna know why mines different. cheers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
blackpulsargtir said:
See mine look like they hang down more because you have all that yellow metal work around diff & axle and i don't - is that standard on yours or have you had it put on? Is it some sort of guard? Should it be on all cars? Sorry to pester but i just wanna know why mines different. cheers
Rob's just painted his rear subframe with the first chav colour he could find, normally the subframe is black.

Rob, have you still got that square Xmas tree light hanging from your rear bumper ?

geetee

no - the yellow is not standard.

and yes - the handbrake cables do seem to loop down like that as standard.

Cheers
Graham